ADMS - Admissions Austin, TX, USA Full TimeEmail Me This Job
Office Specialist III Receptionist
St. Edward's University is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and customer-service-oriented professional committed to higher education. The Office Specialist III Receptionist is responsible for supporting the Office of Admission and Welcome Center by providing the prompt, front-line, first point of contact service
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Answer and route incoming calls received through the Office of Admission main phone number
- Answer and route incoming messages received through the website live chat system
- Maintain a consistent work schedule as follows: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and campus visits for prospective students
- Provide accurate and concise information to prospective students, parents, and applicants, whether in person, via phone or chat, or email
- Confirm upcoming visits for registered admission visitors via phone and/or text
- Process, enter and maintain prospective student, applicant, and visit event-related data.
- Provide support as needed in all areas including, but not limited to, data entry, scanning, application processing, entry of transcripts and exam scores, printed and electronic correspondence
- Be the face of the University by greeting, welcoming, and directing all visitors
- Maintain reception area and visitor materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma required
- Two years of direct customer service experience preferred
- Experience in a higher education setting preferred
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office programs, and an administrative database required
- Attention to detail and a strong customer-service attitude are very importantMust be able to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to use a multi-line phone system
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to comply with workplace guidelines and expectations for consistent, reliable, and punctual attendance
- The successful candidate must complete an education and/or criminal background check
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)
Sun Life Financial Dental Plan
Sun Life Financial Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202092
Available:07/06/2021 Full Job Description
St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com