Assistant Director of Student Success, San Diego
School of Business LOCATION:
Regional; home office in San Diego APPOINTMENT:
Full-time, Administrative, Twelve (12) Months STARTING SALARY:
Commensurate with Experience and Education INTRODUCTORY PERIOD:
Twelve (12) Months DATE AVAILABLE:
Immediately POSTING DATE:
May 11, 2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Open until filled DESCRIPTION
: Reporting to the relevant Director of Student Success, the Assistant Director of Student Success provides a range of services supporting students, alumni, and friends of the School of Business and University, frequently and regularly interacts with students, alumni, and community groups. Collaborate with the Director of Student Success, Director of Campus Services, faculty, and campus administrative support to enhance, promote, support, and maintain the quality and delivery of programs and services designed for student success and improving student retention and completion. The position has primary responsibility for providing direct support and assistance for students from the time of enrollment to degree completion and engaging in and fostering relationships across departments and with other educational institutions and organizations.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides quality front-line customer service and timely follow-up. Maintains regular contact and follow-up with students based on student needs and the established checkpoints throughout the student life cycle. Collaborates with other operational areas to ensure timely resolution of internal and external student/customer inquiries. Evaluates and resolves student inquiries and issues to ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Assists students with onboarding and academic advising to include degree completion planning, self-registration, and advising of transfer credit procedures. Monitors and tracks students' academic progress to verify if students are meeting satisfactory academic progress toward degree completion.
- Assesses and assists students with diverse needs including military veterans, international students, navigating the disability services process for students with disabilities, etc.
- Assists in the coordination, delivery, and assessment of academic and student support programs and activities to enhance students' experience and support student retention and completion. Develops and communicates information regarding opportunities for tutoring, study abroad, business consultancy, mentor program, etc.
- Assists in the coordination, implementation, and support of School of Business activities and events for students and alumni. Coordinates and implements re-entry initiatives. Participates in regular retention meetings and assesses the needs of at-risk students. Conducts and documents exit interviews.
- Provides feedback to academic and enrollment group leadership on progress, potential issues, or opportunities for improvement. Compiles, updates, and analyzes activity reports and databases to maintain and reference information as needed.
- Maintains institutional confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned or directed.
A Bachelor's degree is required, a Master's degree is preferred. A minimum of three (3) years of related experience in higher education is required or equivalent combination; background in academic advising, student services, and/or related area is desirable. A valid driver's license is required. Upon offer of employment, a current DMV printout showing a good driving record will be required. Successful candidate must be highly proficient in administrative reports, analyst and manipulating data, able to demonstrate excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to work efficiently and successfully with minimum supervision; prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines; be creative and flexible. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040. TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter with the application. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/ SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=b80c2115-4869-4fc8-a8b3-1076361d7dae
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency