Percussion - School of Music, Full-Time, Non-Tenure Track, Temporary, Visiting Instructor (25030)
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKPosition Type FacultyDescription
Required Application Materials: Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, Copy of transcript for highest degree earned, List of at least 3 references
College Overview:The College of Fine Arts and Design is a center of excellence for the arts and design, as well as a center of innovation for improving and promoting arts education. Founded in 2001, the college combines the experience of Oklahoma's oldest public educational institution with groundbreaking thinking about the role of the arts in the 21st century. The College of Fine Arts and Design nurtures leadership qualities in students, thus expanding the scope and qualities of their career opportunities. The institution's emphasis is on studentcentered education. This commitment to excellence provides students the opportunity to interact and work closely with our more than 100 outstanding full and part-time faculty members who are dedicated to developing the artist, scholar, creative professional, educator, citizen and leader as a whole. With more than 200 performing and visual arts events every year, the college provides students from a variety of academic disciplines and programs to come together to view exhibits, attend special events, experience performances, take classes and discuss their work , and ultimately learn to both specialize and think from a global perspective. The College of Fine Arts and Design currently has six academic units, the Department of Art, Department of Dance, Department of Design, Department of Theatre Arts, School of Music and the Academy of Contemporary Music and specialized accreditations from National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) and the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA). For further information see our website http://www.uco.edu/cfad. School of Music Overview:The UCO School of Music has a current faculty of over 35 full-time (of which 26 are tenured or tenure-track positions) and approximately 35 part-time faculty, combined with a full-time professional staff of 8. There are approximately 350 students enrolled in degree programs that include the BA, BM, BME, and MM, within the framework of six divisions: Jazz Studies, Musical Theatre, Piano, Strings (Orchestras), Vocal Arts (Choirs and Opera), and Winds/Percussion (Bands). The University of Central Oklahoma and all of our curricular offerings are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music. For additional information, please see our website at http://music.uco.edu. Job Description:
- The position requires a full-time teaching load as specified by university policy.
- Teach Courses that could include: Applied Percussion; Applied Drumset; Percussion Consort/Ensemble; Marching Percussion; Percussion Methods; Jazz or Latin ensemble/combo.
- Monitor and maintain the extensive percussion inventory, including the organization and supervision of percussion equipment moves to different performance venues.
- Extensive knowledge in the field of Applied Percussion.
- Ability to effectively teach undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ability to work within a collaborative faculty environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with students.
- A master’s degree in Percussion Performance, or another applicable music-related area.
- College teaching experience.
- A DMA or terminal degree in Percussion Performance, or another applicable music-related area.