Director, Business & Quality Improvement
The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) is seeking a Director, Business and Quality Improvement to join the Office of Facilities and Operations.UMB was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine (Feb 2021). BENEFITS:This EXEMPT position offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement a process improvement management philosophy. Design and direct strategies that leads to a continuous process improvement optimizations at all levels and across department or school.
- Oversee the evaluation of the current processes, and develop and accomplish measurable business process improvements. Design and apply t improvement methods that will deliver specific and targeted results in rapid sequences and deployment of process improvements solutions.
- Direct team to achieve improved quality care projects and initiatives. Identify resources, organizational and environmental factors, participants, and stakeholders, and develop plan that includes logistics to accomplish specified outcome. Meet action plan goals according to schedule.
- Continuously assess and improve processes considering various critical elements including quality, customer service, redundancy, efficiency, revenue, delivery, and outcomes. Continuously evaluate planning and executions throughout the project lifecycle.
- Direct the initiation, planning, execution, observation, and control of processes in the impacted departments or unit.
- Direct and maintain communications plan, documents, and reports. Prepare various reports, including executive report, and presentation that include project plan, document update, schedule, performance, and outcomes.
- Facilitate discussions and negotiations that achieve consensus on implementing recommendations within complex, integrated, and cross-functional environments. Build and secure support and resources for projects. Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis throughout project lifecycle.
- In collaboration of area leaders, create and execute comprehensive change management strategies related to projects and stakeholders. Apply various change management methodologies to create continuous improvement strategies that includes work plans, performance metrics, and defined outcomes.
- Develop performance metrics for each improvement plan and document progress and outcomes.
- Coach and train staff and stakeholders on change management best practices and strategies to improve customer service and optimize business operations.
- Use innovation to redesign processes to achieve efficiencies and effective use of resources.
Oversee implementation to integrate process changes into ongoing operations and report progress to senior leaders. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or related field. Master's degree required.Experience: Eight (8) years of business operations with process redesign and utilization of quality improvement and/or change management strategies. Sustainability experience preferred.Supervisory Experience: Six (6) years in leadership or management roleCertification/Licensure: Six Sigma or Lean or other change management and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required. Change Management certification required.Other: Financial disclosure reporting required by State of Maryland Ethics Commission. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of position requirements. Thorough knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to support a mission and strategic vision. Instructional, training, and teambuilding skills to strengthen and cultivate relationships. Skill in consultation and change management.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: Operations & Planning
Job Posting: May 12, 2021
Unposting Date: May 20, 2021, 10:59:00 PM