Events Coordinator - Engineering Administration (145481)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Join the Grainger College of Engineering’s Access Point team in helping students reach college milestones. Through the coordination of college-wide events, you will facilitate opportunities for students to explore internships/full time jobs and the world through international programs and celebrate their academic accomplishments through commencement activities. This exciting position is perfect for a detailed-orientated person who enjoys large event coordination, interacting with diverse companies, students, and peers and having fun.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
Plan and implement Access Point events as well as college commencement activities, on-campus recruiting activities, and other college events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Special Event Support for ECS, Access Point & UPO
- Plan and facilitate event logistics for ECS Career Fairs and employer related activities, College Graduation Ceremonies, other Access Point events such as Study Abroad Fairs and First Year Experience programs, and other college events as needed.
- Consult with employers on events engagement and planning.
- Handle complex inquiries from employers related to events.
- Establish new employer contacts and maintains relationships with previous employer contacts.
- Utilize Salesforce to track and record employer engagement activities.
- Participate in Corporate Roundtable and other meetings as needed.
- Research and identifies new potential employer contacts.
- Collect/process employer payments for events and sponsorships/gifts.
- Communicate with registrants throughout the event process.
- Responsible for vendor selection, negotiation, staffing, and facility utilization, in accordance with university policies.
- Maintain responsibility for the management of funds and budgets for the events.
- Manage the selection and coordination of facilities, displays, materials, etc. for the events. Confirm appropriate supplies (faculty regalia, handouts, etc.) are prepared for the events.
- Handle any special requests/needs from any attendees.
- Identify and train university personnel assisting with the events (logistics/processes/support). Ensure adequate staffing for all events.
- Coordinate student activity and engagement at events.
- Liaise with campus groups on topics related to events management. Represent the College and department at campus-wide planning meetings related to events.
On-Campus Recruiting Coordination
- Review and respond to incoming company Handshake account requests and questions
- Process, track and report incoming requests for interview space, assist with employer on-campus interview check-ins as needed
- Facilitate on-campus interview logistics as well as assist with interview suite preparation including maintaining, organizing, stocking and closing the space
- Monitor and report on on-campus interviews supply inventory
- Participate in Handshake user’s community meetings
- Assist with Handshake employer support
Career Partners Program Oversight
- Support the Career Partners sponsorship program to ensure program benefits are delivered
- Process sponsorship invoices and payments
- Track and report on program benefits to sponsors and corporate relation
- Other duties as assigned such as serving as a back-up to the front desk
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration, Student Affairs, or a closely related field.
- One (1) year (12 months) of professional work experience in Events Planning, Conference Management, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or other related field.
Successful Candidates will have:
- A high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Both oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge related to the management of billing, payments, and financial records and a keen attention to detail.
- Skill prioritizing, organizing and balancing multiple projects and tasks.
- Comfort using new technology/software.
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in order to analyze and investigate a variety of questions or problems.
- Expert knowledge of office protocol, procedures and best practices.
- Flexibility and adaptability are required, including the ability to work some evenings.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION:
This is a full-time Civil Service Events Administrator Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after May 25th, 2021. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by May 25th, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following required documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Thurman Etchison, [email protected], 217-300-2193. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit “Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.”
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Engineering Category:2-Administrative Title:Events Coordinator - Engineering Administration (145481) Open Date:05/11/2021 Close Date:05/25/2021 Organization Name:Engineering Administration