Human Resource Associate - McKinley Health Center (145573)
Human Resource Associate
McKinley Health Center
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
McKinley Health Center, one of the nation’s premiere student health centers, is an accredited ambulatory care facility that provides primary care and mental health services to 50,000 university students. The Health Center is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced professional to assume the key full-time position of Human Resource Associate.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
This position is responsible for all Human Resource and Payroll operations for McKinley Health Center, functions as a liaison between Illinois Human Resources, University Payroll and Benefits and McKinley Health Center and provides administrative support and guidance to employees, Supervisors and Administration at McKinley Health Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support and communication between McKinley Health Center and Academic and Staff Human Resources and Extra Help for all job searches, resignations, reclassification and/or reallocation at McKinley Health Center.Responsible for all searches from initiation of search, processing and tracking transactions in Hire Touch and Human Resource Front End and ensuring transactions are completed in a timely manner. Assists Search Chair with Academic Professional searches, entry of PAPE, media communications, position requirements and preferences.Conducts new hire orientation for all new employees.Drafts and places approved hiring advertisements with media vendors and provides payment with P-card.Conducts exit interviews. Process employee separation, final benefits payout and notice to Unit Security.Monitor and maintain annual compliance for retiree staff, gather rehire/retiree documents, complete and submit request.Monitors employee evaluations. Prepares/updates employee evaluation forms and job descriptions for supervisors a month in advance of evaluation due date.Responsible for providing signed job descriptions to Staff HR for all Civil Service employees annually.Represent unit in employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.Maintains historical human resources personnel records, past and current records.Updates McKinley Employee Database of current and exiting employees.Responsible for verifying and monitoring licensing for a selection of medical licensed employees: Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Medical Radiographer Technologists, Medical Technicians, Registered Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Athletic Trainers and Dieticians.Reviews and updates personnel files to meet Accreditation Association Ambulatory Health Care accreditation standards.Assures McKinley Health Center policies are current and consistent with University of Illinois policies and meets the standards of the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).Responds to inquiries regarding University of Illinois Policy and Rules, Campus Administrative Manual, Collective Bargaining Agreements, McKinley Health Center policy and procedures and other programs available on campus. (SURS Disability, Shared Benefits, HR Training Series, Tuition Waiver)
- Provides administrative support and communication between McKinley Health Center and University Payroll and Benefits.Reviews timesheets and ensures correct payment for payroll.Prepares and processes payroll adjustments, PARIS (Payroll Adjustment Request Interface System), ANA (Adjustment Notification Application).Prepares benefit usage reports for Unit Managers biweekly and other employee reports, as requested, utilizing Web Intelligence.Serves as the contact for the McKinley Health Center administration and staff regarding benefit questions, i.e. Vacation, Sick leave, FMLA, Shared BenefitsProvides FMLA information/forms and processes approval/denial and other correspondence for all employees. Tracks FMLA usage and prepares monthly usage reports for supervisors.Monitor the Extra Help and Retiree/Rehire hours.Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal and state requirements, Federal Labor Standards Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Employment Opportunity, Illinois Department of Employment Security.
- Supports Business Office Personnel with cashiering, incoming calls, patient accounts and other duties.Responsible and accountable to support and ensure a culture of safety, quality and risk management including compliance with ethics.Assume appropriate related additional duties to further the mission of the unit.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Management, Organizational Administration, Public Administration, Labor Relations, Business Administration or a field closely related to the position.
Two years of work experience performing professional-level human resources duties. Demonstrated payroll and benefits experience.
Previous experience in payroll and human resources at the University of Illinois.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge above the rudimentary understanding of principles and procedures used in human resources (i.e. personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, labor relations and negotiation and personnel information systems).
- Knowledge above the rudimentary understanding of federal and state laws, rules, and/or regulations affecting public human resources administration? ability to develop a broad knowledge of those of the employing institution.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Skill in reviewing and formulating/revising human resources policies and procedures and in exercising control over the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Skill in utilizing organization and time management and in effectively managing multiple priorities on a daily basis.
- Strong/excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to effectively present information including writing and editing reports and other materials and to respond to requests for guidance and/or clarification.
- Ability to employ critical thinking skills, creativity, and ingenuity for effective and timely problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships and to work effectively as a member of a team and/or as a project leader with the public, faculty, staff and administration as well as a variety of external union representatives and organizations.
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret data and have strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to tactfully handle situations involving employee performance/discipline with utmost discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and evaluate the work activities of others.
- Must possess the ability to perform HR tasks which require the use of judgement and initiative.
- Experience in A/R and A/P functions14.Experience in labor negotiations, desirable.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including the computer.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION:
This is a full-time Civil Service HR Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. Salary is competitive and includes a very attractive, comprehensive University benefits package including a state retirement plan. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close date of the search.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
Applications must be received by May 26, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload the following documents: cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), academic credential for for all degrees attained, Bachelor's degree and higher (unofficial transcripts or copy of diploma may be acceptable), and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position please contact Helen Peffers Molloy [email protected] or for questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.College Name or Administrative Unit:Student Affairs Category:2-Administrative Title:Human Resource Associate - McKinley Health Center (145573) Open Date:05/12/2021 Close Date:05/26/2021 Organization Name:McKinley Busns Off