The University of Denver Libraries, comprised of the Main Library at the Anderson Academic Commons, a remote storage facility called the Hampden Center, and the Bonfils Stanton Music Library in the Newman Center, is a highly collaborative organization that serves a diverse population, ranging from our students, staff, and faculty to public and other academic patrons from the surrounding region. The Anderson Academic Commons is the campus centerpiece for collaborative teaching, learning, and engagement. The University of Denver Libraries are central to discovery and creative interaction among students and faculty, and provide collections, services, personnel, and systems that support the teaching and research programs of the University. The institution is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment.
This position reports to the Interlibrary Loan Supervisor and is responsible for assisting with lending and borrowing functions. This position will also collect data and reports for the various functions under the purview of the Interlibrary Loan Unit. Works at the Service Desk as scheduled. This position is responsible for the opening the library on Sundays and the work schedule is Sunday through Thursday (9:30am-5:30pm). On occasion the schedule requires flexibility as this position provides coverage for other staff and for changes to operating hours as needed.
- Supports Resource Sharing workflow within the Interlibrary Loan unit.
- Responsible for Prospector Borrowing and Lending, ensuring requests are processed within a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares ILL and Prospector materials for shipment through courier, USPS, and international shipment.
- Completes the Prospector reconciliation process annually.
- Provides back-up support for Interlibrary Loan borrowing including transmitting faculty, student and staff ILL requests in a timely manner, assists in planning and implementing procedures, and communicates Interlibrary Loan policies to patrons and lending libraries, responding to conditional requests, resubmitting canceled requests, checking copyright compliance, and verifying citations.
- Assists with Interlibrary Loan Lending including locating and preparing materials to be loaned.
- Processes and delivers electronic book requests according to licensing guidelines.
- Responsible for opening the library on Sundays.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with library staff, users, and University Faculty.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to follow established procedures and perform work requiring attention to detail.
- Experience performing detailed work in an automated system.
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in public service or customer service.
- Experience working in a library.
Sunday - Thursday, 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, June 14th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 4.
The hourly range for the position is $15.33 - $22.17.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.