Head Field Hockey Coach
At, Rhodes College, we aspire to graduate students with a life-long passion for learning, a compassion for others, and the ability to translate academic study and personal concern into effective leadership and action in their communities and the world. We will achieve our aspiration through a college wide commitment to our vision.
Rhodes' rigorous approach to liberal arts and sciences inspires students to discover and cultivate lifelong passions, and to make a difference in the classroom, on campus, in the city of Memphis, and throughout the world. Simply put, our mission is to prepare students for life and career, wherever those journeys take them.
The Division of Student Life plays an integral role in the College's vision and values, and every member of the Division of Student Life supports the delivery of a transformative student experience.
The Division of Student Life is currently seeking applications for the Head Field Hockey Coach with outstanding leadership skills who can recruit, mentor, motivate and teach student-athletes. Guided by the Rhodes Vision, the Head Field Hockey Coach should build a sense of community and enthusiasm around the field hockey program by engaging the student body, alumni, parents and fans. This full-time 12 month position coordinates all phases of intercollegiate field hockey program.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and direct the activities of the field hockey team. Plan and organize conditioning and strength programs; develop and implement practice and game plans; instruct players in proper techniques. Schedule all practices and games for Field Hockey.
- Recruit for field hockey. Develop recruiting database by visiting field hockey tournaments and high schools. Contact prospects every 10-14 days between November 1 and May 1.
- Develop and monitor field hockey budget. Submit budget proposal in May to Director of Athletics. Contact AD if any unexpected expenses arise. Conclude fiscal year with balanced budget or surplus.
- Fundraise for field hockey. Seek approval from AD on new, large-scale fundraising initiatives.
- Perform secondary duties as assigned by Athletic Director.
- Supervise student athletes in the varsity weight room.
- Regular attendance is an essential function to perform the duties of this position.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- This position requires a valid driver's license, good driving record, and must be insurable by the College's insurance carrier.
- Must have 3 years of field hockey coaching experience at the high school or college level.
- Must communicate effectively with all types of people, and establish and maintain a strong working relationship with students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff and other college personnel.
- Must have the ability to work responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Must have knowledge ofNCAArules and regulations.
A complete application includes a cover letter, a resume and the names of three references.
Rhodes offers an excellent benefits package and a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce.