Academic Employment Coordinator – School of Arts & Sciences – 501670
This position will support the School’s Director of Financial Planning & Operations by performing, coordinating and analyzing personnel work across the School of Arts & Sciences (A&S), specializing in employment related matters for all faculty positions.
The coordinator will assist the director with process analysis, research and design solutions to improve operational effectiveness. The individual will also be involved in supporting change management efforts in coordination with the Director of Financial Planning & Operations.
A&S Faculty Employment Processing
- Coordinate faculty hiring and appointment processes in A&S including: assist department chairs and faculty with composing job descriptions, complete and post electronic job requisitions, coordinate candidate interview schedules with appropriate departments, assist with job hiring justification and job closing process using the electronic HR job posting system, and monitor and remove job postings from the A&S web page.
- Coordinate and process employment contracts for A&S faculty of all statuses approved by the Dean and/or Provost.
- Process, collect, and review faculty personnel forms for completeness, accuracy, timing, and conformity with University and School policy guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with approved University and School hiring and employment policies and procedures.
- Actively manage and spearhead the annual faculty appointment and salary letter drafting, checking, updating systems and mailing process.
Faculty Data Management and Analysis
- Monitor and maintain current and future electronic processes used to capture faculty data including Banner and other technology processes.
- Audit, track, and maintain faculty data to include but not limited to: payroll database tracking, tenure eligibility dates, sabbatical leaves and exceptions, retirees, leaves of absence, terminations, job titles, and salary changes using the Banner system and other future reporting systems.
- Create and / or maintain an accurate faculty database
- Create and / or maintain forms using Qualtrics and / or dynamic forms to streamline processes
- Assist using Qualtrics with the election process for Chairs and interdisciplinary program coordinators
- Digital Measures: Stay up-to-date and be the Dean’s office point of contact in partnership with Provost’s office and the administrative coordinators across A&S
- Analyze A&S historical hiring trends and propose changes to future processes.
- Assist in maintenance of staff plan data and analysis
- Other duties and assistance as assigned
- Serve as A&S liaison to Human Resources regarding faculty hiring and employment status. Remain current with new policies and procedures and design implementation in A&S accordingly.
- Serve as A&S point of contact for the Provost’s Office regarding sabbaticals, leave of absence, separations and retirements. Remain current with new policies and procedures and design implementation in A&S accordingly.
- Assist with fielding inquiries regarding faculty employment, faculty contracts, sabbatical leaves, leaves of absence, retirement, terminations, and departure procedures related to the School of Arts & Sciences.
- Serve as a point of contact to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness to provide assistance with A&S electronic and paper faculty course evaluations to include data coordination, verification, distribution, and tracking within a specified timeframe.
- Serve as a point of contact to the chair of the A&S shared governance Committee to provide assistance with the annual faculty balloting and faculty election processes to include faculty data coordination, verification, distribution, and tracking within a specified timeframe.
- General knowledge of hiring practices, faculty contract processing, and faculty data processing in a university setting preferred.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic organization with a minimal amount of supervision while consistently modeling professionalism.
- Detailed oriented, excellent organizational and project management skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task to keep up with deadlines
- Ability to thoroughly interpret, communicate, and follow university policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communication skills with an ability to provide superior customer service and to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Ability to analyze and audit one’s own work and constantly strive to maintain high quality dynamic data and information
- Create thorough documentation and process documents
- General knowledge of database systems and procedures
- General understanding of the Banner system used in conjunction with other query reporting tools supported by the university.
- Excellence in data entry, processing and Proficiency in Windows, MS Word and Excel required
- A demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred), but may be substituted with a combination of education and 3 – 5 years of related HR work experience.
- Prior higher education experience using an integrated computer system such as Banner preferred
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
Pay Grade 5 (Hiring Range $18.24 to $24.17 per hour)
At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There’s only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE