Assistant Coach-Fixed Term
Job descriptionJob no: 704388
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College: President
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics 10070478
Sub Area: FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Athletics/Recreation, Non-Union
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach - WBBPosition Summary
The Coordinator of Athletic Performance / Women’s Basketball is responsible for the oversight of Athletic Performance programming for women’s basketball. Reporting to the Director of Athletic Performance/Sports Science, the primary responsibilities of this role include the creation, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive sport performance training program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop, implement and record sport-specific programs for women’s basketball based on peer-reviewed, evidence-based protocols to enhance the fitness, strength, power, and speed indices of the student-athletes.
- Organize, maintain, and schedule facilities (Draymond Green Strength & Conditioning Center) for use by athletic teams
- Supervise, advise, and work with staff, graduate assistants, and undergraduate students who work with the Athletic Performance Staff
- Counsel student-athletes regarding athletic performance and exercise science
- Evaluate equipment needs and oversee procurement of such
- Collaborate with Athletic Training, Sports Medicine and Dietetics staff regarding rehabilitation and sport performance plans
- Work closely with sport coaches to monitor student-athlete performance readiness
- Be available for on-campus recruiting visits
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and facilities as needed
- Other duties as assigned
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Required Degree
- Bachelor of Science required.
- The following required certifications through one or both accredited strength and conditioning organizations must be maintained: the Strength & Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) by the Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coaches association (CSCCa), and/or the Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) by the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA).
- Current first aid, CPR and AED certification.
- Master of Science in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of professional experience or equivalent combination of professional experience and education preferred.
- Cover Letter
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: May 12, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 26, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time