Nurse Manager II
Job descriptionJob no: 705292
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 75
Major Administrative Unit / College: Msu Hci Clinical Services
Department: Msu Hci Specialty Services 40001154
Sub Area: NURS- Nurses
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Nurses- NURS, Health Care Professional, Health Care Support, Non-Union
- Plans, implements, manages, supervises and evaluates clinical and/or clinical research activities in designated units.
- Develops, maintains, evaluates and interprets operational, administrative and nursing policies, procedures and systems.
- Provides direct nursing care to patients by assessing health care needs, developing plan of action and implementing nursing and medical/health care plans; and evaluates effectiveness of plans.
- Develops short and long term goals, strategies and programs for the clinic to facilitate the growth of the program/clinic.
- Participates in, or independently develops, manages and monitors the unit budget; participates in budget forecasting and business planning; prepares financial reports; authorizes clinic expenditures.
- Develops and evaluates health care protocols, quality assurance and risk management activities in conjunction with other professionals, while assuring compliance to appropriate regulations, quality standards and JCAHO requirements.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, supervises, evaluates and disciplines nursing and other support staff. Oversees and monitors employee development and credentialing.
- Provides counseling and instruction to patients regarding their symptoms, diagnosis, and recovery and refers to other health care professionals as appropriate.
- Maintains a system for accurately recording and reporting patient care activities in order to ensure quality health care; insures compliance to federal regulations.
- Researches, identifies, evaluates and recommends equipment needs and purchases and structural changes.
- Participates in marketing and public relations activities.
- Initiates, coordinates, presents and participates in meetings, conferences, staff development programs, workshops and structured orientations; evaluates the effectiveness of programs.
- Coordinates research projects and/or participates in formal research activities. Participates in writing and monitoring grants.
- Serves as a member of and liaison to educational, community, state and professional organizations/agencies; coordinates outreach clinics.
- Develops and coordinates preceptorship programs for health care students.
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four year degree program in Nursing; three to five years of related and progressively responsible or expansive work experience in nursing, management and supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The position also requires possession of a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in nursing.Desired Qualifications
Knowledge and experience related to surgery and ambulatory care. Three years supervisory experience.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Required Application Materials
Proof of RN licenseWork Hours
Work hours are typically 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., but can vary as necessary to accommodate clinic operations.Summary of Health Risks
Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions; TB risk or work within three (3) feet of patients in a health care setting; wear a respirator. Covid precautions.
Advertised: May 12, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 1, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time