Office Specialist III Receptionist
St. Edward's University
Office Specialist III Receptionist (30 hours/week)
St. Edward's University is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and customer-service-oriented professional committed to higher education. The Office Specialist III Receptionist is responsible for supporting the Office of Admission and Welcome Center by providing the prompt, front-line, first point of contact serviceEssential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Answer and route incoming calls received through the Office of Admission main phone number
- Answer and route incoming messages received through the website live chat system
- Maintain a consistent work schedule as follows: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and campus visits for prospective students
- Provide accurate and concise information to prospective students, parents, and applicants, whether in person, via phone or chat, or email
- Confirm upcoming visits for registered admission visitors via phone and/or text
- Process, enter and maintain prospective student, applicant, and visit event-related data.
- Provide support as needed in all areas including, but not limited to, data entry, scanning, application processing, entry of transcripts and exam scores, printed and electronic correspondence
- Be the face of the University by greeting, welcoming, and directing all visitors
- Maintain reception area and visitor materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package! United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)Sun Life Financial Dental PlanSun Life Financial Vision PlanShort Term Disability (STD) Insurance Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Pet InsuranceAnnual Leave & Paid Sick LeaveRetirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%Tuition BenefitsPaid HolidaysServices & DiscountsHOW TO APPLY
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma required
- Two years of direct customer service experience preferred
- Experience in a higher education setting preferred
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office programs, and an administrative database required
- Attention to detail and a strong customer-service attitude are very important
- Must be able to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to use a multi-line phone system
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to comply with workplace guidelines and expectations for consistent, reliable, and punctual attendance
- The successful candidate must complete an education and/or criminal background check
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOWSponsorship:
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202092
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency