Academic Assistant II
Job no: 516634
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support
Department:20010000 - IP-INTERNATIONAL CENTER-GEN
Academic Assistant IIJob Description:
Academic program support and student advising
- Oversees the processing of applications and records for International Scholars Program and Peace Corps and of all the faculty development initiatives run by the Office of Global Learning
- Helps advise students on all aspects of the International Scholars and Peace Corps Prep program. Monitors student progress through the programs, and ensures they have met graduation requirements.
- Actively recruits faculty and students for the programs of the Office of Global Learning by providing informational sessions, tabling, and representing the programs at campus events
- Provides organizational and logistical support for campus events (i.e., lectures, faculty trainings, and student events) to promote global learning
- Writes and edits content for website, manuals and publications, and program activities
- Collaborates with other International Center units as needed
Administrative, Marketing, and Communications Support
Budget and Fiscal
Other duties as assigned
$40,000 - $44,000Minimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Studies, International Education, ESOL, World Languages or other related field.
- Strong digital literacy skills with demonstrated experience with marketing, social media, and communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort speaking with diverse audiences.
- Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with program administration.
- Ability to organize events, manage multiple tasks at once, and to move quickly between tasks.
- Experience living or working abroad and proficiency in at least one foreign language
- Expertise in UF’s administrative tools, policies, and procedures
- Expertise in UF’s academic program administrative tools, policies, and procedures
- Experience in academic program coordination
- Experience advising students
- Experience in public relations and marketing connected to academic and/or international programming
"In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume."
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 10 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 17 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time