Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-11
Job TitleAd-Interim Instructor-MusicAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentMusicProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Music is seeking applicants for a temporary, non-renewable, 9-month Ad-Interim Instructor position in Music. This position will begin 9/1/2021 and end on 5/31/2022.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate and masters level applied lessons;
- Direct the main stage opera or musical theatre production;
- Direct the opera or musical theatre scenes production;
- Advise students;
- Prepare syllabi;
- Update course materials;
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends in learning with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom.
- Education: Completed Master’s Degree in Music.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Evidence of success as an applied teacher and performer, including significant performances in solo recital, opera and/or musical theatre productions and/or in professional choral ensembles as well as opera and musical theatre directing experience. Evidence of experience recruiting quality vocal majors, advising and retaining students. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: N/A
- Physical Requirements: N/A
- Other Requirements: N/A
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Doctoral degree in Music;
Previous successful experience teaching at the high school level, either through classroom or applied voice instruction;
University level teaching experience.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Titles of positions supervised (Graduate Assistant)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.