Instructor of Adult Education
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The role of the instructor of Adult Education is to offer instructional methods and materials to help the adult education student make basic educational gains in the subject areas of Reading, Math, and Language, as well as help the student earn their high school diploma, enter into college, or find employment based on what the student\’s educational goals are at the time of entrance into the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Instruct students in the adult education classroom-develop student learning plans, assist students with problems, develop group lessons or activities. Create classroom lessons to incorporate CCR standards.
2. Guide/instruct students enrolled in programs such as WAGE, IET, etc.
3. Research new materials/learn how to incorporate new methods and materials into program. Attend required workshops and trainings in-person and/or online. Complete professional development as required by the state of Arkansas.
4. Assist with intake and entrance testing, as well as re-testing. Counsel students about their learning plans and keep plans updated as student works toward completion of his/her respective program.
5. Assist with recruitment and retention efforts for the Adult Ed program as needed.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience: Four year college degree, or equivalent experience resulting in broad knowledge of a field related to the job, such as accounting, marketing, business administration, agriculture etc, plus 0 to 6 months related experience or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full-time Adult Education teachers must hold a current Arkansas Department of Education teacher\’s license. If teachers do not already have a license in adult education, they must obtain an adult education additional license within three years of the date of their initial employment as a full-time adult education teacher.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: At least 2 years experience as an instructor in adult education.