Strada Education NetworkSM is a national social impact organization dedicated to improving lives by forging clearer and more purposeful pathways between education and employment. The Network engages partners across education, nonprofits, business and government to focus relentlessly on students’ success throughout all phases of their working lives.
Strada is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, with nearly 1,000 employees nationwide, including its Washington, D.C. office and affiliate locations.
Through research insights, partnership, and philanthropy, Strada Impact is a division within Strada Education Network that advance practices, programs, and policies that increase learner success through education and training after high school. We center our efforts on improving economic upward mobility and stability for those individuals and communities that American postsecondary education has historically found it challenging to serve effectively.
The Vice President, Research Insights & Relationships, will contribute in multiple ways as they inform and pursue Strada Impact’s goals by turning strategic research and insights into action. They will have management responsibility for internal and external relationships while ensuring initiatives, projects, and workflows are coordinated and quality expectations are met. Significant experience in postsecondary education and the ability to develop and communicate evidence-based insights are viewed as essential. The person will engage with higher education leaders, policymakers, advocates, innovators, funders, and employers while also directing internal efforts.
This position reports directly to Strada Impact’s Senior Vice President with responsibility for research, actively collaborating on initiatives with Strada Impact colleagues and across the organization.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic vision and plan.
- Manage initiatives, projects, and workflow.
- Cultivate and manage internal and external relationships with leading partners and organizations in the postsecondary education and workforce community.
- Develop and communicate actionable research-based strategic insights for improving postsecondary education from Strada’s ongoing research.
- Contribute to the development, measurement and monitoring of progress toward strategic organizational goals.
- Represent Strada Impact and its work in executive level leadership discussions, communications, and in public speaking engagements.
- Author content and communications for postsecondary education and workforce audiences.
- Other duties, tasks, and special projects as required.
- Some overnight travel required.
Education and Experience
● Masters, Ed.D, Ph.D. or equivalent experience
- A successful track record of building relationships including strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills, with the ability to build consensus on large, long-term strategic initiatives and sustain progress on these initiatives.
- At least ten years of experience working in higher education practice, policy, innovation, and workforce development. Significant work experience inside a higher education institution is strongly preferred.
- Curiosity, eagerness, and ability to develop new knowledge and skills.
- Excellent organizational skills—with the ability to prioritize work and manage time and people on multiple projects and tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and writing skills—candidates should be able to communicate strategic insights clearly and concisely for internal and external public audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively—candidates should be motivated, enthusiastic team players open to giving and receiving feedback and active engagement with colleagues.
- Successful team and project management.
- Prior experience conducting research and analyzing quantitative and qualitative information is valued.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Security is Everyone’s Responsibility
In order to protect Strada’s personnel, affiliates, customers, assets and mission, security is the responsibility of every employee. To maintain security, employees are required to read, understand, and follow company security policies including but not limited to the WISP and Employee Handbook. In addition, security training supporting those policies is required at least annually.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to: [email protected]
Strada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.