Supplemental Instructor - Dental Hygiene
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking a Part Time Dental Hygiene Clinical Instructor. The instructor will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and will provide clinical, laboratory instruction and supervision of students in the Dental Hygiene Department at West Campus.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Current Texas License with a minimum of three years of recent clinical dental hygiene experience.
- CPR certification appropriate to Health Care Providers.
EXPERIENCE: Registered Dental Hygienist from an Accredited Dental Hygiene Program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Must demonstrate time management, and be detailed oriented.
- Ability to provide student instruction and hands-on dental hygiene skill evaluations.
- Ability to assess radiographs for technique errors and maintain accurate legal documentation.
- Must maintain good patient/student communication and a willingness to initiate lunch and learn
- Must set an example as a professional role model.
- Must be in good physical condition and be able to stand, walk, bend, lift, push, pull, stretch, and
- get down on hands and knees and lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work under stress, work independently and as a team member, and deal with people in a professional manner.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform effective teaching activities, including classroom instruction, directing projects, and assisting with student coursework, research and internships.
- Plan, develop and present organized classroom instructions and learning opportunities for students in accordance with approved course outlines.
- Teach day and/or evening courses as required.
- Teach off-campus, dual credit and online courses as required.
- Demonstrate and maintain competence in the use of instructional technology.
- Demonstrate competence in his/her teaching field and related technologies.
- Attend briefings on procedures, advising, registration, and general policy.
- Complete appropriate administrative paperwork and performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Educate themselves regarding College policies.
- Ensure effective two-way communication at all levels of responsibility.
- Participate in department, division and college meetings as assigned or required.
- Assume responsibility for the orderliness of the learning environment and in the appropriate safety use of instructional facilities and equipment.
- Perform additional related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
SALARY: $25.00 per hour. Total hours may vary from week to week, but may not exceed 19 hours per week.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity PolicyUnder the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice