Creativity Studies Specialization Lead
Job location: Remote
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-11
Saybrook University is seeking a full-time Creativity Studies Specialization Lead to join its Humanistic & Clinical Psychology Department.
Under the direction of the Department Chair (Psychology Chair) of the Humanistic & Clinical Psychology Department, the Creativity Studies Specialization Lead is responsible for leading and managing the Specialization. Students in our Creativity Studies Masters and Doctoral Specialization research creativity in a wide variety of fields including the arts, business counseling, coaching, education, healthcare, mental health, social justice, and wellness.
Graduates of our program work within profit and non-profit organizations to facilitate organizational creativity and innovation, teach creativity and psychology courses in K- 12 schools or at the college level, engage in professional creativity coaching, training, or consulting, help clients add expressive arts techniques to their clinical repertoire, research, write, and present work in academic and consulting environments.Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching and mentoring.
- Supervising faculty.
- Developing courses, seminars, and catalog descriptions.
- Writing academic articles and presenting at conferences.
- The Specialization Lead reports to the Psychology Chair and play an essential academic leadership role during admissions, orientation/conference planning, WASC accreditation review, and other governance responsibilities.
- Responsive and timely communication with Department Chairs
- New Student Orientation and Residential/Educational Conferences
- Support on-boarding of new students.
- Present courses, workshops and/or course introductions
- Attend meetings (Faculty, Program, College, University) and Faculty trainings which could include Canvas, IRB, student record system, etc.
- Mentoring Students
- Actively support the socialization of students into the program and profession
- Monitor student recruitment, retention, and matriculation.
- Instruction, Course Development and Syllabus Review/Updating
- Deliver high quality innovative campus and/or on-line courses that foster critical thinking.
- Ensure rigorous academic standards and quality aligned with program goals.
- Coordinate course offerings and catalog documentation.
- Design dynamic courses utilizing the latest developments and trends in classroom instruction and digital technology.
- Actively participate in degree and departmental meetings
- Represent program on university-wide committees as warranted.
- Participate in the accreditation and, when appropriate, budget process
- Contribute to strategic planning and programmatic growth.
- Maintain effective professional and community involvement and/or affiliations as ambassador for the university.
All faculty members at Saybrook University are expected to be available and responsive to students. Faculty engagement expectations include:
- Faculty will make contact with students enrolled in their course within the first week of the new semester and before the residential or educational conference.
- Faculty will respond to emails or phone calls and acknowledge received assignments within two business days.
- For courses with weekly discussions, faculty will be in contact with students at least three times per week for online courses to provide substantive contributions and respond to student posts. This will include engagement across the duration of the weekly discussions.
- For individually mentored courses, faculty will schedule with each student regular online and off-line communication.
- For other course designs, faculty will demonstrate how they are engaging students in a consistent and meaningful way across the semester or term.
- Utilize university offered resources to maintain technology skills specific and appropriate to each program and process.
- Earned Ph.D. or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a faculty leadership role.
- Demonstrated scholarship and accomplishments in the field of Creativity Studies (emphasis on humanistic principles preferred).
- Relevant supervision and teaching experience at the doctoral level, including chairing qualitative dissertations (Familiarity with quantitative or mixed-model methodologies is also welcome).
- Commitment to multicultural and humanistic principles
- Experience with ethnically diverse and/or other special populations
- Some travel may be required.
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of Saybrook University.
- Creates a sense of unity and common purpose and manages change effectively.
- Actively builds teams and effective working relationships both within and outside Saybrook University.
- Promotes interdisciplinary working within and beyond the Department.
- Committed to excellence in teaching and research.
- Thinks strategically and gains support of Specialization colleagues for strategic decisions/directions.
- Honest and open, with a high level of personal integrity
- Communicates effectively.
- Consults with colleagues at all levels.
- Well organized and able to juggle complex workload demands.
- Strong commitment to equality and diversity in education and faculty employment.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 40 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University’s academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience.
Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, counseling, mind-body medicine, and Integrative and functional nutrition, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.