Postdoctoral Research Associate (AC)
The Department of Middle and Secondary Education at Georgia State University invites applications for the position of Postdoctoral Research Associate for the CREATE Teacher Residency Program (titled Collaboration and Reflection to Enhance Atlanta Teacher Effectiveness), a partnership between Georgia State University and Atlanta Public Schools. This is a two-year limited-term, grant-funded staff position, with a start date of Fall 2021. Funding is expected through Summer 2022.
- Collect ethnographic data for a 2-year critical ethnography that examines the overall impact of hybridized roles and programming on CREATE structures, programming and overall efforts on anti-racist, equity-centered supports for new and veteran educators, school and district leaders, and teacher educators.
- Draw on critical, and/or race-centric theoretical frameworks for the design and enactment of research studies including but not limited to Critical Race Theory, Critical Whiteness Studies, Anti-Blackness, BlackCrit, and/or Afrocentricity
- Work closely with other CREATE researchers and faculty to implement research projects, including data collection and management, IRB submission and management, and preliminary analysis
- Work with other CREATE researchers to share preliminary and final analyses of research studies with CREATE staff and stakeholders, university affiliates, and district leaders, with the goal of program adjustment/improvements
- Work collaboratively with other CREATE researchers to present findings more widely, via location and national research presentations and publications
- Participate in CREATE team meetings, focused primarily on research, and on programming if/when necessary
- Support other research projects, as needed
- Participate in sub-committee work to benefit the larger CREATE project
- Support grant-writing efforts to sustain CREATE programming work
- Spend 1-day per week on individual research projects and interests
Ph.D. in related field required.
Open until filled
College/Business Unit: College of Education & Human Development
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 05/11/21, 6:55:52 PM