Postdoctoral Research Associate (AC)
The Department of Middle and Secondary Education at Georgia State University invites applications for the position of Postdoctoral Research Associate for the CREATE Teacher Residency Program (titled Collaboration and Reflection to Enhance Atlanta Teacher Effectiveness), a partnership between Georgia State University and Atlanta Public Schools. This is a one-year limited-term, grant-funded staff position, with a start date of Fall 2021. Funding is expected through Summer 2022.
- Collaboratively design 1-2 critical qualitative research projects (with a focus on case study design and qualitative interviewing) that examine new teacher experiences in the residency, dyadic co-teaching model, and the impact of other CREATE structures, programming and overall efforts.
- Draw on critical theoretical frameworks for the design and enactment of research studies.
- Work closely with other CREATE researchers and faculty to implement research projects, including data collection and management, and preliminary analysis
- If/when needed, work with CREATE external evaluation team to consider data sharing and/or collaborative research projects that would help meet grant-related goals
- Work with other CREATE researchers to share preliminary and final analyses of research studies with CREATE staff and stakeholders, university affiliates, and district leaders, with the goal of program adjustment/improvements
- Work collaboratively with other CREATE researchers to present findings more widely, via location and national research presentations and publications
- Participate in CREATE team meetings, focused primarily on research.
- Support other research projects, as needed
- Participate in sub-committee work to benefit the larger CREATE project
- Spend 1-day per week on your own individual research projects and interests
Ph.D. in related field required.
Open until filled
College/Business Unit: College of Education & Human Development
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 05/11/21, 5:55:11 PM