Taking Applications for part time (non-student) positions various shifts for Fall 2021 semester.
Positions start August 1, 2021 or after. Duties & Responsibilities
- Cook and serve grilled items
- Prepare specialty production menu
- Prepares produce, salads, desserts and other salad bar accompaniments for meals
- Assists in replenishing the salad bars with food to prevent shortages and that the food is rotated to ensure freshness
- Cooks entree dishes, meats, sauces, gravies, soups, deep-fried foods and accompaniments according to computerized production recipes/reports
- Slices and weighs serving portions of meats, cheeses, etc
- Prepares food to meet all meal deadlines and maintains the highest quality and freshness possible using progressive cooking techniques
- Document portion counts for each item served after both lunch and extended lunch
- Take food temperatures according to a predetermined schedule, document on temperature log sheets
- Records production on the service summary sheets
- Uses the following equipment: grills, meat slicer, food chopper, steam equipment, fryers, ovens, calculator and scales
- Provides exceptional customer service to our customers
- Sees that there are adequate supplies of clean dishes, silverware, glasses and serving utensils.
- Responsible for cleaning all beverage machines, the condiment, dessert and beverage areas and the dining room area during and after each meal
- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen equipment correctly
- Follow Serv-Safe personal hygiene standards
- Able to work in both residential dining centers
- Will work in many different areas with in the dining center
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to stand on one's feet for 3 -4 hours
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work with the preparation and disposal of fish, poultry, beef, lamb, pork and other meat products in professional culinary commercial kitchen
- Must be able to adhere to all safety and sanitation policies which include removal of all jewelry and piercings except for a plain wedding band while working in our facilities
- Hairnets and beard restraints are also a requirement in our food preparation areas
- Incumbents should have an optimistic attitude, willingness to learn new skills, high degree of integrity, and a strong work ethic
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identify and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Work Location
Wilkerson Commons or Squires Dining CenterMinimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification
$13.00 per hour, Part time, non-benefitted, non-exemptWork Schedule/Start Date
- Flexible work schedule
- Available week day hours as well as weekends
Please provide work availability with application. Many positions available.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.