Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift, Graylyn International Conference Center
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-05-11
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
Shifts will vary during the week and will be from 3 PM - 11 PM
- Repairs electrical systems, outlets and cords; resets breakers; installs motors and belts as needed; responds to all electrical requests as needed; performs preventive maintenance on electrical equipment as scheduled.
- Stops overflowing and clogged toilets; unstops showers and sinks; repairs valves, gaskets and lines (this includes but is not limited to water, sewer, steam and condensate lines); responds to all requests for plumbing service as directed; performs preventive maintenance on plumbing equipment as scheduled.
- Monitors HVAC chemical equipment; changes filters and fan belts; opens HVAC drains; performs preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment as scheduled.
- Performs carpentry repairs on doors, door hardware, windows, storm window fabrication, walls, shelving, and other carpentry repairs as needed.
- Patches, caulks, primes, stains, and paints ceilings, walls, doors, windows and other items as needed.
- Installs and repairs door hardware and locks; makes keys.
- Makes repairs to vehicles‑ gas and electric.
- Installs tile and other floor coverings.
- Cleans pools, adds chemicals as needed; removes and replaces pool floor recovering.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma or G.E.D plus specialized training with one to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolds, hydraulic lifts, or in tunnels and crawl spaces.
- General knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting repairs and installation as needed.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to read, understand and abide by all safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Physical Requirements: heavy work; exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Talking, hearing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping. Visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. Activities occur both inside and outside, subject to both environmental conditions. Worker is subject to noise, vibrations, hazards, atmospheric conditions, and oils.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in building automation systems and/or high voltage systems.