Senior Associate Director, Experiential Learning, School of Business
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-17
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Works with the Associate Dean to develop and execute the comprehensive vision and strategy for experiential and project-based learning (e.g., Graduate Consulting Projects [GCP]) in the Master’s in Management program.
- Serves as instructor and coach for the Graduate Consulting Projects curriculum in the MSM program. Develops and delivers class content and provides student teams with feedback and formal assessments/grades for GCP deliverables and presentations.
- Serves as liaison between student GCP teams and partner organizations, together with other staff colleagues. Coordinates interactions between students, partners, faculty, and staff.
- Helps identify contacts and sources; secures the quality, number, and diversity of organizations required to provide impactful experiential educational experiences (e.g., Graduate Consulting Projects) for MSM students with support of Employer Relations.
- Executes processes, events, and other program experiences that reflect a priority for experiential learning across the student lifecycle (e.g., workshops, seminars, projects, and case competitions focused on experiential learning, design thinking, data analyses, and value creation).
- Develops and cultivates corporate relationships on behalf of students to support experiential learning opportunities and career readiness initiatives, in conjunction with other employer relations initiatives within the school.
- Collaborates with Market Readiness and Employment colleagues to plan and implement ongoing opportunities for students to bridge connections between their GCP experience and the professional marketplace.
- Supervises the Assistant Director of Experiential Learning for the Master’s in Management Program and provides leadership to the overall sponsor recruitment and retainment strategies.
- Collaborates and engages with colleagues, particularly the program team, but also in other degree programs and those serving in other functional areas to realize excellence in all areas of the program experience.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Master’s degree in business or a related field, with five to eight years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience with academic organizations, institutional models and experiential learning in a higher educational institution.
- Experience as a business consultant or business advisor.
- Responsible for own work.
- Supervises Assistant Director of Experiential Learning, Master’s in Management program.
Manages student workers.Additional Job Description
***This position is expected to be a one year appointment***Time Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.