Assistant Director of Compliance, Department of Athletics
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-11
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Monitor playing and practice season requirements including tracking of countable hours for all sports programs.
- Monitor all aspects of recruiting for all sports programs.
- Coordinate, administer and maintain records of the NCAA coaches’ recruiting certification program.
- Ensure all information on the compliance monitoring program, such as contact information, and database information is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure all yearly required compliance eligibility forms are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Main point of contact for student-athletes and coaches regarding the transfer portal. Complete transfer tracers and provide regular updates regarding portal activity.
- Main point of contact for roster management for all sports.
- Monitor student-athlete employment.
- Process autograph and memorabilia requests per NCAA and institutional rules.
- Assist with the timely production and distribution of athletic scholarship paperwork (National Letters of Intent and Financial Aid Agreements) for all sports, adhering to NCAA guidelines and deadlines.
- Assist with various administrative duties including updating forms, ordering supplies, scheduling meetings, preparing mailings, etc.
- Assist with monitoring camp forms.
- Share supervision duties of student workers, interns, externs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Associate Athletic Director.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Advanced degree required. At least 2 years of experience working in compliance at the NCAA division I or II level. Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Must have experience utilizing compliance monitoring programs (e.g., ARMS, JumpForward, etc.). Excellent organizational and communication skills. The ability to multi-task with flexibility, patience and attention to detail and accuracy while prioritizing workload. Ability to work evening and weekends as needed.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Preferred 2-4 years of experience working in compliance at the NCAA division I level. Experience using student University systems, such as Banner, and navigating NCAA systems, such as LSDBi, the Eligibility Center and the National Letter of Intent. Ability to utilize technology to update processes and improve efficiency.
Accountabilities: Accountable for own work.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.