Senior Benefits Analyst, Department of Human Resources
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-10
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Ensures timely completion, verification, and execution of benefits tasks (i.e., enrollment, prior service credit and tuition concession requests, premium adjustments, and ACA marketplace notices).
- Initiates and monitors the completion of benefit requests, required dependent verification documentation, and required supplemental documentation for qualifying events.
- Interprets benefit change submissions, collects and organizes information, and uses advanced systems and techniques to accurately and efficiently process HR transactions (i.e., employment status changes, qualifying events, and retirement and ACA eligibility); works with WFU campus to understand benefits eligibility as it relates to employment classifications and ACA eligibility. Performs benefit audits to ensure accuracy and integrity of data and to resolve discrepancies, as it relates to the health and welfare plans and the WFU Retirement Plan.
- Creates and maintains benefit reports; provides quality assurance on reported data.
- Analyzes and maintains the integration files with our benefit carriers. Works closely with Information Systems and carriers to ensure integration files perform properly, are accurate, and are up-to-date. Troubleshoots, tests, and resolves integration file issues, as needed.
- Analyzes and reconciles WFU Retirement Plan contribution file for each payroll to ensure compliance with eligibility requirements, IRS regulations, and the timeliness of processing.
- Maintains and evaluates the benefits-related business processes and eligibility rules in Workday.
- Responsible for reviewing, testing, and implementing benefits-related changes/enhancements in Workday to support the strategic decisions for improvements.
- Analyzes and interprets feedback from our Affordable Care Act’s Platform and Workday to ensure compliance with ACA’s requirement to offer medical coverage to eligible individuals and to ensure compliance with the IRS’s requirement to provide 1095 forms that are accurate and submitted in a timely manner to campus and the IRS.
- Provides recommendations regarding benefit process improvement opportunities.
- Reviews and processes benefit provider payments for claims and administrative fees.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and two to four years of benefits-related experience.
- General knowledge of HR functions, health care benefits, and other benefits-related programs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality pertaining to information contained in employee records and system data. Ability to hold sensitive information confidential, HIPAA Privacy Regulations.
- Knowledge of superior customer service standards, with the ability to project a cooperative and professional demeanor when working with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to maintain composure, effectively communicate complex information, and resolve issues regarding employee benefits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in person, email, or by phone. Strong interpersonal skills. Bilingual ability is a plus.
- Proficiency using HR service center related computer applications (i.e. web, email/calendar, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, databases, basic reporting tools, ERP systems, phone, and service case tracking tools).
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to organize information and prioritize duties in a multitasking environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, continuous improvement, and customer-centric environment and to quickly adapt to new procedures.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience in a higher education environment is preferred.
- Prior experience using Workday.
Responsible for own work.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.