Information Technology (IT) is the unified IT organization that supports the vision, values, mission, and goals of the University by providing IT infrastructure, systems, administrative applications, academic resources and related services to faculty, students and staff. Embracing DUs Impact 2025, the division aligns IT resources with University and unit strategic goals and operational plans, providing service in the spirit of One DU.
The IT Operations team is responsible for the day-to-day operational support of all university owned data, voice, and video services. This includes but is not limited to routers, switches, wireless LAN, Voice over IP and call center applications.
The role of the Network Engineer II is to work with the Director of IT Operations to enable the university to offer highly available, robust voice services 24 hours per day and 365 days per year. Additionally, the Network Engineer II is to assist in managing the IT Infrastructure through support of converged multi-vendor hardware and software solutions. The Network Engineer II is responsible for assisting with the design, configuration, operation and support of the university's wired and wireless network infrastructure.
- Design and implement functional and secure wired and wireless network infrastructure.
- Configure and install software, servers, routers, switches, and other network devices.
- Monitor network performance and its integrity.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of modern route/switch technologies.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of voice and collaboration technologies.
- Lead and assist in developing technical and user-facing documentation.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational abilities, ability to prioritize and follow up on open issues and projects with a sense of urgency.
- Ensure that service delivery and customer satisfaction exceed published service levels and coordinate escalation of issues as required.
- Mentor and assist junior team members as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, information systems, telecommunications or a related field, or 4-5 years of equivalent work experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 or more years of IT and/or industry work experience including network, wireless and voice operations.
- Training and/or certification in routing, switching and enterprise wireless operations and maintenance.
- Professional level Cisco Certifications in Voice, Wireless, Routing & Switching preferred ; CCVP, CCNP or CCIE level certification or equivalent knowledge.
- Professional level of Aruba Certification in Wireless or equivalent knowledge.
- Experience in supporting multiple cross-functional teams or projects.
- Requires exposure to multiple, diverse networking technologies.
- Current and thorough knowledge of Cisco, Meraki and Aruba technologies.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with some evenings and weekends as required by the job.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 12.
The salary range for this position is $73,000 - $82,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.