Assistant Director, Office of International Education
The Office of International Education (OIE), which is part of DUs Internationalization unit, serves primarily undergraduate students interested in education abroad term-length programs. The OIE manages a portfolio of over 150 programs in 52 countries and advises roughly 1,000 students/year who are interested in participating on DU Partner Programs and/or unaffiliated programs.
Position SummaryThis is a leadership position within OIE responsible for providing DU students with access to global engagement opportunities through the full-cycle management and administration of all education abroad programs. The oversight of education abroad will require providing direct service, management, and supporting the development of policy as it relates to comprehensive internationalization, crisis management, program development, financial management, office administration, student advising, and student health and safety.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day operations of all education abroad programs and work closely with the Director and the University of Denvers Office of Internationalization to create a variety of new programs aimed at diversifying education abroad.
- Share and disseminate information on current issues in international higher education, the field of education abroad, and international mobility trends with staff and the University for strategic planning purposes.
- Communicate implications of data analysis to campus stakeholders and administration.
- Enhance effective partnerships with academic units and non-academic units on campus.
- Work with the staff to streamline processes, manage budgets, assess and manage risk associated with education abroad, communicate and implement policies, develop and monitor performance indicators for programmatic success, liaise with students, parents, faculty and program partners & providers.
- Represent with considerable independence the University and its education abroad programs throughout the campus, with professional organizations, associations, and partners.
- Act as an advocate for international education experiences and serves as a principal liaison with faculty and academic units to integrate global learning into the curricula.
- Supervise OIE student staff, including graduate assistants and peer advisors.
- Advise on a portfolio of programs and provide a full range of student services during all stages of the education abroad process for prospective, outbound, and returnee students.
- Occasional requirement to work evening or weekend events throughout the academic year to participate in events on campus.
- Occasional travel to off-campus meetings, professional conferences or international partners may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree.
- 4 years of experience in the field of international education.
- 5 years of experience in the field of international education.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Terra Dotta software or similar.
- Experience working, living, and/or studying abroad.
- Experience with risk and crisis management abroad.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on May 24, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $52,000 - $56,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.