Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Code: 4001
Pay Target: C2
Supervisory Responsibility: No
General Description of the Job Class
In support of the CVO, regularly required to resolve moderately complex (non-routine) administrative problems independently or with others. Problem resolution may include research. Tasks are typically diverse and advanced.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
In addition to tasks outlined in the Administrative Clerk description, examples of work at this level may typically include some combination of the following:
Prioritize and resolve inquiries via the main CVO phone line:
- Answer to assist our customers of the CVO
- Route calls effectively and efficiently to CVO team members
- Resolve questions regarding the CVO Verification Portal, Privilege Portal, Status Portal, etc.
Maintain All Expirables:
- Notify the provider and Department Contacts (if Advanced Practice Professional, notify the Supervising MD), and if it gets to the point that this is not taken care of and close to expiration, please notify me to go to the providers and I will copy the MSO Leads at the entities to get them involved.
- There should be no expirations in the files, without the MSO Lead of the entity and myself, as the Manager being notified immediately. Expiration of Credentials could affect their privileges and patient care and cannot occur. The Verification Review and all information within the area in the Software must be reviewed and updated. The credentials monitored are as follows: Licenses, primary and other state, DEAs, Certifications, BLS/ACLS, OIG, SAM, Medicare Opt Out, and Social Security Death Master Files.
- All updated credentials, when you verify now through Echo or go to the website for the verifications, must be uploaded in Echo under the image field in that section. Nothing should be updated without the verification under the Verification section if verify now or Echo PSV. This needs to be double checked to make sure this is in verifications or it should be uploaded with the credential being updated. Without this proof, it appears we are changing dates, without verifications and will be difficult to show we did anything when surveyors ask for the files. We cannot go backward and recreate verifications that need to be completed at a specific time.
Research and resolve verification letters for verification of providers on staff:
- Check the main landing page provided to all staff when requests for verification letters are made
- Provide the requested link for the appropriate hospitals under the verification portal. If issues exist, and they have problems getting into the links, ask them to try a different browser and if that does not work, you can click the link on your end and email the verification that populates to them, once they have sent you a Release of Information from the provider in question.
- Manual letters are to be completed by you when Special Handling is noted or the provider does not populate through the link.
Billing and Reconciliation:
- Research and reconcile department credit card:
- All receipts are entered into the appropriate month share drive folder or emailed to you, when charges are made against the DUHS Credit Card. You are to reconcile this each month and send to me for approval through the Concur Travel and Expense system.
- Assist the Manager with any data collection/management projects as assigned.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Education: High school education or equivalent.
Experience: Two years of administrative support experience of increasing variety and/or complexity.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Creatively uses PC, word processing and other office tools.
Thorough knowledge of department policies, procedures, and goals.Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Job Code: 00004001 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Job Level: C2
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.