FINANCIAL ANALYST I, WORK STUDY PROGRAM
Duke University was created in 1924 through an indenture of trust by James Buchanan Duke. Today, Duke is regarded as one of America’s leading research universities. Located in Durham, North Carolina, Duke is positioned in the heart of the Research Triangle, which is ranked annually as one of the best places in the country to work and live. Duke has more than 15,000 students who study and conduct research in its 10 undergraduate, graduate and professional schools. With about 40,000 employees, Duke is the third largest private employer in North Carolina, and it now has international programs in more than 150 countries.
Manage the University’s work study program, and the accounting for all the institutional loan funds and office operations. Compile, analyze and report on the financial performance of various programs.
- Responsible for all the accounting functions of the office; including vendor payments, monthly/daily reconciliations, bad debt accruals, setup of accounting systems (ECSI, R3 & iforms), and monitoring cash flow. 25%
- Prepare monthly financial reports using standard report formats and provide interpretations of results; monitor and report on financial performance of individual fund codes. 5%
- Prepare applications for Federal Funds for government loan programs and request payment from governmental agencies as funds are required. 5%
- Manage the work study program, ensuring it complies with federal regulations, and make recommendations for corrective action when necessary. Responsible for the student employment system, iform processing, file loads, analysis and reporting of work study data. 50%
- Assist with the preparation of FISAP and NFLP annual reports, and assist with the annual A133 audit. Compile financial reports and statements for utilization by higher management. 5%
- Represent department in meetings and conferences and other affairs of an administrative nature. 5%
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. 5%
Work generally requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or a directly related field.
Previous Federal Work Study experience preferred.
Work generally requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or a related business field.
No experience required for candidates who possess a Bachelor's degree in a field of study related to the specific position. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.