Internal Announcement: Non-Credit Program Coordinator (Academic Program Director) #2152
Under the supervision of the associate dean, the program coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of the assigned instructional program(s). The coordinator is responsible for developing and coordinating non-credit courses in the division. Teaching courses, designing and developing curriculum, evaluating adjunct personnel and student performance, and advising students. Knowledge of Certified Nursing Aid Training programs and state requirements. Additional responsibilities include:
- Teaching Performance – For traditional and/or distance delivery, provide students with course documentation, demonstrate effective interaction skills, relate instruction/materials to course objectives, and use practical examples and illustrations.
- Coordinate all aspects of the non-credit nursing programs, including curriculum, assessment, accreditation.
- Student Development – Participate actively in student development; academic advising; student recruitment; and, as appropriate, job placement.
- College and/or Community Service – Support the college by working on committees and/or performing public service for the college.
- Instructional Development and Management – Review and update courses; design new courses as needed; prepare syllabi; participate in the development/revision of instructional materials, remain current in the teaching field; maintain office hours; meet reporting deadlines.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
This position requires a graduate degree in nursing with a focus on nursing education and a minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible related work/teaching experience in an associate degree in a nursing program. Current SC RN license required.Preferred Qualifications
Ideal candidate will have exemplary involvement in the following: working with internal and external agencies to offer noncredit health care courses to meet the needs of the community. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are essential. Must be able to function in an environment characterized by continual changes in technology.Additional Comments
Application for this position is limited to TTC employees occupying full-time equivalent positions in the Nursing Department. However, this position may be advertised externally at a later date. Application deadline is 4:00 PM, May 14, 2021.
To be considered for this position applicants MUST complete the SC State Jobs Employment Application online. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Unofficial transcripts may be attached, mailed to (Human Resources, PO Box 118067 Charleston, SC 29423), or faxed 843.574.6682 to the Human Resources Office by the deadline date and time. Official transcripts are required upon offer of employment. For assistance, contact Human Resources at 843.574.6201.
Trident Technical College is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate in the admission or employment on the basis of race, gender, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or pregnancy.