HVACR Specialist II - Facilities Management
HVACR Specialist II - Facilities Management
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Under direct supervision, responsibilities include:
- Perform preventive maintenance on various equipment related to heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, fuel and combustion systems, forced air furnaces, radiant heaters, chillers, air handlers, window air conditioning units, evaporative coolers and refrigeration units.
- Maintain auxiliary equipment such as motors, pumps, fans, pipe systems, compressors, humidifiers, condensers and pneumatic and electronic control units; adhere to established maintenance schedules to replace filters, lubricate motors and fans, replace belts, conduct chemical analysis and add correct proportion of treatment chemicals, and cleaning other mechanical equipment located throughout a facility.
- Inspect equipment for proper functioning; check meters, gauges and other instruments; inspect occupied areas for comfort; adjust safety and limit controls; log information related to temperatures, pressures, fuel consumption, water level, time and date, and respond to emergencies such as utility and equipment failure.
- Repair and modify equipment and components related to heating and air conditioning systems by repairing or replacing damaged pipes or valves including brazing, soldering, pipe fitting or adding new piping valves and controls.
- Troubleshoot electrical circuits associated with heating, air conditioning and refrigeration including tracing dead circuits, rewiring circuits, repairing or replacing electrical components such as starters, contactors, relays and control units; repair or replace burner gun assemblies; recover refrigerant and recharge refrigeration equipment.
- Diagnose equipment failure; make repairs and test system functions using common hand and power tools, brazers, solderers, torches, voltmeters, amprobes, oxygen analyzers and precision measuring instruments.
- Install new components such as thermostats, timers or insulation to make older equipment more energy efficient.
- Make parts and material purchases and maintain inventories according to departmental policies and State regulations; and prepare and maintain records related to work activities.
- Store, handle and dispose of coolants and other chemicals in accordance with established policies and regulatory requirements.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- This position may require traveling between campuses and working evenings and weekends as needed.
- Completion of a recognized HVACR apprenticeship program followed by one year of journey level experience in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment; OR one year of experience as a HVACR Specialist I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- Ability to: estimate material and labor needed to complete a job; secure technical advice and diagnose system failures; design system modifications and installation; and all knowledge, skills and abilities required at the lower level.
- Working knowledge of: prison security and custody procedures, if applicable.
- General knowledge of: supervisory techniques and procedures; departmental and State purchasing procedures. Ability to: establish and monitor security measures necessary to perform work in a correctional setting; industry publications and manufacturers supporting the heating and air conditioning industry; direct the work of other skilled personnel; plan and schedule seasonal maintenance on heating and air conditioning systems.
Grade 33, Step 1 - Grade 33, Step 10
$47,188.80 - $69,739.20
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the job posting.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/HVACR-Specialist-II---Facilities-Management_R0120566-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency