Quality Assurance Analyst
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Quality Assurance AnalystJob Profile Title
Data Analyst CJob Description Summary
Quality Assurance Analyst
As part of the Department of Psychiatry, the Brain Behavior Lab (BBL) and the Lifespan Brain Institute (LiBI) are devoted to the study of brain and behavior using innovative neuroimaging research techniques and the application of bioinformatics resources. LiBI brings together researchers in medicine, psychiatry, engineering, computer science, physics and biostatistics to understand brain structure and function, based on functional and structural neuroimaging data. The Quality Assurance Analyst will work with principal investigators and analytic experts and data team to develop, document, and execute test plans for existing and new software, as well as working with developers and project managers to implement a standardized quality assurance and feedback pipeline for various projects.Job DescriptionQuality Assurance Analyst
The University of Pennsylvania's Brain Behavior Laboratory (BBL) is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to assist in the development of the Computerized Neurocognitive Battery (CNB). The ideal candidate will be comfortable developing, documenting, and executing test plans for existing and new software, as well as working with developers and project managers to implement a standardized quality assurance and feedback pipeline for various projects.
Position Objectives and Tasks
- Develop a comprehensive test plan, use cases, test data and test scripts for the client-facing (front-end) portion of each of the CNB's tasks, including noteworthy differences between tasks' different versions and localizations, if applicable.
- Work with developers and analysts to develop and document comprehensive test plans for the server-side (back-end) portion of each of the CNB's tasks, including expected scoring and feedback behavior, as well as noteworthy differences between tasks' different versions and localizations, if applicable.
- Develop and document comprehensive test plans for future CNB projects and tasks.
- Work with developers and project managers to create, populate, and maintain different projects' development/QA/release pipelines on a project management platform (e.g., Jira, Clubhouse).
- Curate and maintain issue-tracking lists and the QA feedback pipeline on the chosen project management platform.
- Execute test plans as needed in response to developer software updates, supply detailed testing feedback, and, if necessary, log any non-trivial bugs/errors encountered with detailed reproduction instructions.
- Make determinations about when software updates are ready to enter a production environment.
- Investigate reports of any software issues encountered by users in a production environment; attempt to reproduce these issues and log them with detailed information.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and 2 years experience or an equivalent combination of education and computer training that demonstrates a good knowledge of computer technology required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with responsibility in software development / test environment
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and resolve issues related to automation solutions and or test tooling)
- Strong time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication
- SQL experience to assist with data validation
Office, library, computer room
Typically sitting at a desk or table
Position contingent upon funding.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Perelman School of MedicinePay Range
$50,684.00 - $138,391.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Med-Sch-Richards-Building---5th-Floor/Quality-Assurance-Analyst_JR00029787
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency