Senior Laboratory Coordinator
Senior Laboratory Coordinator
Job ID: 226818
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for assisting in performing a variety of professional and technical functions for a multi-science instructional laboratory program. Maintains laboratory facilities in assigned college, department or unit and facilitates the operation of departmental labs. Maintains inventory of lab supplies and equipment. Ensures compliance with all lab regulations. Oversees maintenance and repair of lab equipment. Assists with lab requirements for projects. Develops and updates lab preparation guides.
- Assists in performing a variety of professional and technical functions for a multi-science instructional laboratory program or a research laboratory operation
- Maintains laboratory facilities and may supervise other laboratory staff such as laboratory coordinator and laboratory technicians-if assigned
- Purchases laboratory supplies and equipment- if assigned
- Maintains teaching greenhouse stocks, if assigned
- Teaches a limited number of laboratory sections-if assigned
- Ensures supplies are available as required for lab sessions
- Prepares reagents and solutions needed for lab classes offered in biology instructional labs, or research labs
- Serves as Laboratory Compliance Officer for assigned areas, ensuring all chemicals are appropriately labeled and inventory and storage location reports are updated as necessary
- Maintains current SDS (Safety Data Sheets) records and makes them available to students, faculty, staff and others as required by the University
- Manages hazardous waste collection and disposal in accordance with OSHA
- Provides set-up and materials for lab sessions in a timely manner, ensuring all faculty-requested materials and equipment are available in labs prior to start of lab sessions
- Places orders for reagents, supplies, and equipment and facilitates invoicing process and maintains laboratory purchase records
- Assists in development and implementation of safety policies and procedures and may be assigned safety training responsibilities
- Facilitates installation and maintenance of equipment including preventative maintenance, service contracts, and repairs in compliance with federal regulations
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a life sciences field, (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry required)
One (1) year relevant experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Two (2) years relevant experience preferred
Teaching experience at an institution of higher education
Demonstrates proficiency at a standard above the rank of Laboratory Coordinator
Masters of Science in a life science field preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Responsible and professional
Work is performed with independence
Ability to comply with safety, purchasing and other related protocols
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of biology principles, processes and practices
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
- P-Card Credit Check
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=226818&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency