Barista, The Commons (Multiple Positions)
Barista, The Commons (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 227060
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Kennesaw State University's award-winning University Dining is currently hiring Baristas to join our team! KSU operates two full-service dining halls, which are complimented by some of your favorite quick-service restaurants.
If you have a passion for food service, we would love to hear from you!
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Provides customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, while maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. Contributes to the unit's success by providing customer service to customers.
- Follows Starbucks and store operating policies and procedures
- Handles cash and balances cash drawer
- Provides quality beverages and food products according to standard recipes or customizedby request
- Engages with customers and responds to customer needs by delivering legendary customerservice
- Anticipates customer and store needs by evaluating environment and customers cues
- Communicates information to manager
- Assists with new employee training
- Follows FIFO methods, health, safety and sanitation guidelines
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
High school diploma or equivalent
On-the-job training provided
Previous experience as a barista in a fast food establishment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to learn quickly and understand and execute oral and written instructions and requests clarification when needed;
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail and follow through skills;
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings and/or nights;
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events;
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills;
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite);
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
Revenue Generated: Funding for this position is based upon revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds.
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdfStandard Enhanced
- Standard Enhanced
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=227060&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency