Lead Barista, The Commons
Lead Barista, The Commons
Job ID: 226537
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Prepares and serves coffee and tea products and other drinks, baked goods and other food items to guests. Performs other general food service related jobs that may include administrative, serving, stocking, prepping food, basic cooking, and dishwashing/ cleaning duties. Responsible for ensuring the assigned areas are cleaned according to set guidelines. Work is performed in accordance with health department sanitation and university system guidelines.
- Prepares and serves coffee, tea and other beverages, baked goods and other food items
- Maintains a clean, well-organized and sanitary work environment at all times
- Ensures food quality, including tasting food for quality control
- Responsible for supporting shift supervisor with ensuring compliance with food safetyregulations
- Acts a resource for location team members
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school diploma or equivalent
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year barista related experience
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
ServSafe certified within 90 (ninety) days of hire
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of food service terminology
- Knowledge of coffee and tea products and other drinks, baked goods and other food items
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations and food handling procedures
- Maintains neat and professional appearance at all times
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment,organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management andpresentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. MicrosoftOffice suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Revenue Generated: Funding for this position is based upon revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds.
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=226537&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency