Erie County Community College of Pennsylvania
Student Success Librarian
The founding Student Success Librarian will implement library programs, assist with the development of instructional materials, and provides students with reference assistance and instruction for the newest community college in Pennsylvania, Erie County Community College of Pennsylvania (ECCCPA). The Student Success Librarian works in collaboration with the Erie County Public Library system and is responsible for developing and maintaining the College’s collections.
This position reports to the Vice President of Academic and Student Services and is a member of the professional staff. The incumbent will be committed to maintaining and furthering the College’s commitment to ethics, integrity, respect, and inclusion and to promoting student success. The Student Success Librarian will be required to work in multiple sites throughout the service area and be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment with multi-faceted duties, maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and a student-centered focus and attitude while carrying out all job responsibilities.
- Provides leadership for the development and implementation of library programs and services.
- Leads efforts to promote the use of library services with an emphasis on promoting information literacy among students.
- Provides quality reference assistance and instruction to support the academic needs of the students and faculty.
- Assists in the development of instructional materials.
- Manages the e-library’s online resources.
- Creates and maintains the Library’s LibGuides pages.
- Communicates regularly with faculty and upon request provides information and instruction about library services, collections, and programs.
- Works collaboratively on collection development including selection, approval plan, management, preservation, and evaluation of collections.
- Works to ensure that library services meet the needs of students and faculty.
- Assists and recommends purchasing functions associated with the maintenance and enhancement of the library collection, programs, and services.
- Works with appropriate College offices to manage systems and technology in the e-Library; proactively integrates library technological innovations; analyzes and recommends library technological innovations.
- Works in collaboration with the Erie County Public Library system and other libraries to maximize services for students and faculty.
- Engages in assessment to analyze student outcomes and improve outcomes for students.
- Works to innovate library services with a goal of improving student success.
- Supports students and faculty in face to face and remote settings.
- Serves on College committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced graduate degree required; MLS preferred.
- A minimum of two full years of professional library experience, experience in an academic library setting serving a diverse population is preferred.
- Experience operating a PC and related software.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet usage for research and communication.
- Possesses skill in the management of systems and technology in a library setting
- Self-motivated with a high degree of organizational skill, meticulous in detail.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience working with highly diverse settings in both rural and urban communities.
- Must espouse a collaborative work ethic.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
How to apply:
Please submit a letter of interest with how your qualifications and experiences meet the above requirements, a detailed resume and a list of references. Please submit applications immediately. The search will remain open until the position is filled. Please email inquiries, nominations, and applications to [email protected]
Erie County Community College is an equal opportunity institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other bases under federal or local laws in its programs and activities.