Visiting Research Coordinator - Beckman Institute (145222)
Visiting Research Coordinator
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Visiting Research Coordinator with the Beckman Institute. This position is responsible for participant recruitment, participant interviews/data collection, biological specimen management, data review, and communication with participants, research partners and collaborators. The Coordinator will also ensure that the necessary supplies and equipment are purchased, and research participants are receiving proper follow-up.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, enroll and interview mothers
- Perform cardiometabolic physical assessments of mothers
- Collect, aliquot, and organize biological specimens. All assessments will be conducted at the Beckman Institute, but it is possible that some specimens may need to be picked up from participants' homes
- Track participants’ progress in the study to ensure that data are collected in a timely manner. This includes recording research visit details in REDCap, sending and reviewing the progress of REDCap surveys, and regularly reporting progress updates to the research team at Michigan State University
- Purchase needed supplies and materials and assist in managing expenditures
- Bachelor’s degree with training and/or experience in any of these relevant areas: pregnancy health, women's health, metabolic health
- Solid computer skills, especially in utilizing programs in MS Office suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Nutrition, Community Health, Biology or related field
- Experience with patient or research participant interviews in person and by phone; experience with research involving human subjects and experience processing and managing biological specimens
Training, Licenses or Certifications Preferred:
- Phlebotomy certification or desire to obtain training
- Training using REDCap for data collection and management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and follow detailed directions
The Visiting Research Coordinator is a full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position that may become regular at a later date. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In order to ensure full consideration, application must be received by June 4, 2021. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. The expected start is as soon as possible after the closing date.
To apply, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three professional references as a single PDF file by May 28, 2021. All requested information must be entered for your application to be considered. For further information, please contact Beckman Institute Human Resources at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation Category:6-Research Title:Visiting Research Coordinator - Beckman Institute (145222) Open Date:05/07/2021 Close Date:06/04/2021 Organization Name:Beckman Multidisciplinary GandC