Faculty Full TimeBenefit Status:
Operations & Info SystemsApplications Open:
May 07 2021 Applications Close:
Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Operations and Information Systems Department at the Robert J. Manning School of Business, University of Massachusetts Lowell, invites applications for a non-tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Teaching Professor to start in the 2021 Fall Semester.
The position is in the field of Analytics and Operations Management with a focus on business analytics, production and service operations, and/or supply chain management. The position is renewable annually, potentially leading to an appointment of Associate Teaching Professor following five consecutive years of excellent performance evaluations. Primary responsibilities are to provide high quality teaching for the department and some service will be required.
The Operations and Information Systems Department is currently building faculty capacity to deepen its research output and increase program offerings at both the undergraduate and graduate level. The department has two main areas: Analytics and Operations Management (AOM) and Management Information Systems (MIS). Current AOM programs include: an undergraduate Analytics and Operations Management concentration, a graduate certificate in Supply Chain and Operations Management, a graduate certificate in Business Analytics, an MBA, Business Analytics track, an M.S. Business Analytics degree, and a Ph.D. degree in Business Administration with a Management Science track.
In addition to traditional face-to-face course offerings, UMass Lowell has a large and growing set of online courses and programs. Online teaching experience is highly desirable. The standard teaching load for this job is six courses (three per semester) per academic year.
Located 25 miles northwest of Boston, UMass Lowell has over 18,000 students and is one of the largest public universities in New England. The Manning School has over 3,800 undergraduate and graduate students and is accredited by the AACSB.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- MBA or master’s degree in field related to teaching
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate or graduate level
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Relevant and significant professional experience in area related to teaching
- Ph.D. degree (or ABD, all-but-dissertation) in field related to teaching
- Experience teaching online courses
- Ability to teach a wide variety of business analytics courses
- Ability to advise students and supervise honors projects
- Experience in cloud-based computing and/or proficiency in business analytics software
- Experience in developing new courses and programs at both graduate and undergraduate levels
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications received by May 28 will receive full consideration. Applications may continue to be reviewed after that date; however, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please contact the University of Massachusetts Lowell Human Resources Department at 978-934-3560 for information regarding benefits and related employment matters or if you have any questions about the position.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter detailing teaching interests, teaching experience, and professional background
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., student course evaluations, department chair reviews, teaching awards)
- Names and contact information (email addresses) for three references will be required at the time of application. (Please do not send recommendation letters.)