Senior Business Support Specialist - Student Affairs - Auxiliary Services, 78635
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36514
Division of Student Affairs - Auxiliary ServicesJob Description
Auxiliary Service within the Division of Student Affairs is seeking an experience Senior Business Support Specialist to assist with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Receive, assess, process, and coordinate conferencing activities for auxiliary meeting venues and residential accommodations.
- Gather information details and document to coordinate activity agendas, produce schematics and logistics, and formulate operational schedules for general conferencing and summer program conferencing.
- Serve as the primary customer service contact in the coordination of internal services provided to clients to include housing, dining, recreation, identification card services, meeting accommodations, parking, and information services.
- Successfully navigate applicable software systems to insure coordination of event and conference details.
- Prepare and manage documents in compliance with applicable institutional and municipality policies, i.e. formal facility use agreements, permits to sell, sponsorship acknowledgments, and contractual documents under the advisement of UMKC Business Services.
- Prepare billing for clients internal and external to the institution for proper invoicing of professional services provided.
- Additional duties as assigned
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications
Highly organized with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision, with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
Background in conference services, student union, or hospitality field.Full Time/Part Time
Full time, benefit eligibleSalary
$16.82 - $21.50/hourApplication Deadline
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of five references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.