Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach
Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach
Alma College is currently accepting applicating applications for an Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach.
The assistant coach for men’s soccer is a part-time position. Alma College is a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the NCAA Division III. The position will assist with all daily aspects of the sport and will participate as an active member of the Athletics Department.
· Instructing and coaching the men’s soccer team
· Manages and directs the soccer program; including practices, competitions, gear distribution/return and scheduling
· Retain current student athletes, monitor grades and academic progress
· Develop student athletes to be contributing members to the campus community and the community at large
· Evaluate and recruit qualified student-athletes; develops a recruiting plan
· Make all travel arrangements for the teams and recruiting
· Manages a fiscally sound budget and develop fundraisers to support program
· Cooperate with athletic training staff, maintenance staff, transportation staff, and others who are involved in supporting the athletic program
· Assist administration with alumni relations
· Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the College, the MIAA, and the NCAA with the utmost integrity
· Work cooperatively with personnel in athletic department, attend department meetings and activities, and always represents the College positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and club coaches, media and general public
· Support the philosophy and mission of the College and the athletic department
· Additional administrative duties as assigned
· Bachelors degree
· Knowledge of NCAA Division III and MIAA compliance and conference rules
· Ability to work weekends and evenings, along with travel
· A valid drivers license and the ability to become an approved driver per the college policy
· Ability to communicate effectively to various groups and individuals
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Ability to fulfill essential functions of the position
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application that addresses the skills required for the position, a résumé, an Alma College Employment Application and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of three (3) professional references via email to: John Greer, Head Men’s Soccer Coach, Athletics Department, Alma College, [email protected] For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.Story published on May 07, 2021 Last modified on May. 7th at 4:43pm by Amanda Duval.