Director, Accounting & Financial Analysis
The Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education is seeking a new Director, Accounting & Financial Analysis. The position reports to the Director of Financial Management and is responsible for the State System of Higher Education’s financial and single audits as well as System-wide accounting policies and procedures.
This position is primarily remote, but may require occasional travel to the main office of the State System of Higher Education in Harrisburg, PA as well as other locations across the state.
A general overview of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development, preparation, and timely and accurate completion and submission of the System's combined financial statements, including the Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) section
- Manage the annual financial and single audits of the System
- Responsible for the combined Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards for inclusion in the A-133 report
- Provide policy support to the chief financial officer in areas of accounting, auditing, taxation, and travel regulations and interpret policy for university application and implementation
- Lead the State System Accounting Oversight Council for updates to System accounting policy and procedures under the GASB and the National Association of College and University Business Officers' (NACUBO) standards
- Serve as the accounting liaison between the Office of the Chancellor and the System Budget and Accounting Directors
- Provide financial analytical support to executives and managers within the Office of the Chancellor.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or closely-related discipline.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible, relevant experience that demonstrates knowledge of complex accounting, audit, and financial reporting practices. Experience with and knowledge of GASB is required. Experience in an academic setting a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a commitment to collaboration and collegiality.
- Excellent technology skills including advanced Excel capabilities are required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
A related graduate degree (e.g., MBA, MPA) and/or additional professional certification (e.g., CPA) is preferred.Supplemental Information
Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however; to ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than close of day on June 6, 2021.. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note, this position is with the Office of the Chancellor at the State System, not Kutztown University. KU HR is providing Human Resources support for this search.
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation. Please include Resume/CV, letter of application explaining how the candidate’s experiences and skills make him/her a highly qualified candidate for the position, and contact information for 5 professional references
Successful interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance & FBI Clearance), and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions.
The State System is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.
We are an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
The State System of Higher Education does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the KU Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at [email protected].