Assistant /Associate Professor of Computer Science
Posting Date: May 7, 2021 Posting End Date: July 7, 2021
Position: Assistant / Associate Professor of Computer Science Location: CBIS
Status: Full time, (Exempt)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University seeking “Excellence in Every Way,” the ideal Assistant / Associate Professor of Computer Science will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s eﬀorts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching, advising and mentoring students
- Conducting research in the ﬁeld of specialization for publication and funding
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the department chair
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related fields is required.
- Current research areas including network security, information security, mobile computing, data science, and software engineering/security.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can assist in further developing Information Technology Program, and the Master of Science in Information System and Security Management in new focus areas, such as, Cyber Security, Data Science, and online course development.
Commensurate with education, training, and experience
Additional position information:
- The positions does require the faculty to attend the events, such as convocations, open houses, etc. as required by the faculty handbook.
- Faculty may need to travel to conference, professional development workshop, and other university related travels as needed.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reﬂect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, (3) letters of recommendations (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Attn: OHR Employment/Recruitment
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of
employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.