Job location: Pasadena, CA Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R0006099 Job Description:
Pacific Oaks College is proud to announce a Coordinator of Field Education faculty position for the Bachelor of Social Work programs. The Social Work programs are housed in Pacific Oaks’ School of Cultural & Family Psychology, alongside the accredited Masters of Marriage Family Therapy program, the Master of Arts in Cultural & Family Studies, and the Bachelor of Community Psychology program. Pacific Oaks College is in Pre-candidacy process of accreditation with the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
This is a full-time position that will provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge online technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. Candidates should be highly motivated and passionate about teaching social work competencies by providing exceptional quality instruction in an online environment. Teaching graduate and undergraduate courses and support department activity in the BSW and MSW Programs. The Field Education faculty will be responsible for coordinating field placements for Bachelor of Social Work students.
Pacific Oaks College and the Social Work programs are seeking a committed and enthusiastic person who supports the Core Values adopted by faculty, along with being dedicated to ensuring the College’s mission of anti-oppression and Social justice.
Other responsibilities outlined in the current Faculty Supplemental Manual, including scholarship, service, advising, and committee work.
This position is based at the Pasadena campus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The position coordinates field placements for the Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) students.
- The Field Education Coordinator, in coordination with the BSW Program Director and social work faculty, manages, oversees, and coordinates the field education program.
- Responsibility for the management of BSW field education, and determines the BSW field curriculum in conjunction with social work faculty;
- Ensures that the BSW field education program meets CSWE accreditation standards;
- Manages existing agency agreements and develops new agency placements that meet program criteria;
- Training new and existing field supervisors regarding the issues/processes/procedures of field placement using online software;
- Assists agency supervisors in developing learning experiences for BSW field students within the framework of their respective agencies;
- Orienting students about field education; assessing student readiness and interests in practice areas;
- Connecting students to appropriate field placements; and,
- Negotiates any extraordinary student or agency needs before commencement or during the field placement.
- In this Administrative faculty/Field Education position there is a requirement to teach 12-units over an academic year.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Social Work Licensure (LCSW) in California.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds in higher education
- Knowledge of and experience with social justice activities to enhance already established program focus
- Demonstrated ability to model social work professional values and ethics, and to work effectively with colleagues
- Evidence of effective provision of both clinical and non-clinical content in the areas of individuals, families and groups; and/or, Evidence of effective community and organizational engagement
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated teamwork, self-motivation, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable and experienced with CSWE-accreditation
- Master of Social Work (MSW) from a CSWE-accredited institution
- Doctorate degree in Social Work (PhD or DSW)
- A minimum of five years post-MSW practice experience
- Familiarity with CSWE standards in relation to field education and accreditation
- Excellent networking and professional communication skills
- Proficient in the use of technology and online tools.
- 5+ years post-MSW practice experience
- Curriculum development experience
- Prior experience directing a field education program
- Prior teaching experience in a social work program
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.