Deputy Program Manager - Operations
- Manage Deputy Program Manager operations and deployment activities
- Manage and lead team efforts for Mission Network Operations Center (MNOC) operations and remote site activities to ensure technical equipment is operational and efficient.
- Establish and execute life-cycle operations and maintenance (O&M) and logistics support.
- Plan and execute network expansion (operational areas and services/technologies) and continued test and evaluation.
- Coordinate/comply with emerging UAS standards and FAA, FCC, or other regulatory bodies' guidance, policies, and/or approvals.
- Perform daily Vantis operations management efforts throughout lifecycle of the program, including but not limited to: plan, design/shape, and implement Vantis technical operations and infrastructure deployment, coordinate activities among internal/external stakeholders, attend and participate in meetings and conferences, support developing relationships with potential partners of the statewide network solution, work with clients and vendors through the contracting process, in-state and out-of-state travel may be required.
- Perform as the Deputy Program Manager - Operations
- Plan, coordinate, and execute processes and practices for sustained Vantis daily operations to include: provide budgetary information to the program office supporting the operations budget, manage risks and issues, track corrective measures, coordinate operations activities and their interdependencies, manage resources and communication across activities, implement processes for efficient operations, maintain accurate tracking of technical operations, goals, objectives, and deliverables.
- Work with the Program and Project Managers to review and evaluate contract related documentation, such as subcontractors/vendor task orders, evaluating proposals, and validating invoices.
- Perform program reviews and technical interchange meetings to include program schedule, technical performance, and risk tracking.
- Oversee subcontractor’s technical activities during Vantis daily operations, including build and maintain good working relationships with subcontractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform clerical and editorial duties
- Prepare materials for submission to funding and regulatory agencies, including any reporting requirements.
- Create charts, graphs, and schedules as needed to support successful execution of the program.
- Facilitate and manage program meetings and appropriate support documentation.
- Organize training programs to educate technical operations personnel on Vantis.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technical processes, functions and requirements and ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- As a UND employee, it is expected to treat one another and the public in a cordial, civil, and respectful manner and at all times, practice the principles of honesty, respect, integrity, and trust in order to respect the diversity of all peoples; communicate in a professional, positive, and respectful manner; and exhibit ethical behavior.
- Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques.
- Good understanding of computer and network to include items like VLAN, routers, and network monitoring.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, teamwork, written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to perform without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities in busy work setting.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service to a wide variety of clients.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering principles.
- Undergraduate Degree.
- 8 or more years of program or operations management experience.
- Experience with aviation infrastructure operations.
- Experience working with subcontractors/vendors to meet program deadlines.
- Experience executing large (greater than $1M) subcontracts for developmental technology and activities.
- Supervisory Experience.
- Drivers License.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check.
Export control compliance: This position requires compliance with U.S. government export control laws and regulations. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a "U.S. Person" (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)). UND will not sponsor applicants for employment authorization for this position. Information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws and will be used in compliance with all laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors.Preferred Qualifications
- Master/Advanced Degree in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) with a current certificate from the Project Management Institute.
- Holds or previously held security clearance to view controlled unclassified information (CUI).
- Experience with FAA and/or airport technical operations and aviation infrastructure programs.
- Experience with FAA approval of non-federally owned aviation infrastructure.
- Experience working in UAS field.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation and/or other US Interagency contracting.
- Experience working with computer systems, networking, and remote site installations.
Salary Based on Experience, Exempt, Full-time, BenefitedWork Schedule
40 hours a weekBenefits
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.To Apply
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.Additional Information
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler .
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.EEO Statement
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.Veteran’s Preference
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.Clery Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.