Position DetailsReq ID: req9323 Position Title: Research Assistant Position Type: Staff Full-Time Position Number: GS9590 OSU Campus: Center for Health Sciences - Tulsa Department: Pharmacology and Physiology Location Address:
1111 W 17th St
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74107
United States Hiring Supervisor: Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 15.38 - 17.31, Hourly Work Schedule: Typically 5 days/week, 8 hours/day Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: This Research Assistant position offers an exciting opportunity to join anintegrated and innovative academic research department focused on pharmacologyand physiology. The successful candidate will assist faculty, students andpost-doctoral researchers in conducting cutting edge research utilizinglaboratory techniques that range from molecular biology to animal behavior.
Possible exposure to hazardous material, hot and cold, blood borne pathogens.
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, stoop, reach, stand, walk, finger,grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, and perform repetitive motions with or withoutreasonable accommodations.
(Ifyou are viewing this job posting outside of the actual OSU job applicationwebsite, please go to jobs.okstate.edu to apply and submit a resume.) Special Instructions to Applicants Education & Experience Position Qualifications: Required:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, molecular biology, or related discipline
- Experience in in vitro and/or in vivo techniques (e.g., cell culture, immunoblotting, rodent behavior, etc.)
- Master's degree in biology, molecular biology, or related discipline
- Familiarity with laboratorypractice and safety; familiarity of experimental design
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with Excel, Word, or statisticalsoftware programs Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit http://eeo.okstate.edu.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.