Instructional Coach, TeachSIM Lab (Wage)
Job location: Remote - Virginia
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-05-06
The University of Virginia School of Education and Human Development is seeking multiple part-time Instructional Coaches to join the TeachSIM Lab for the 2021-2022 academic year.
TeachSIM instructional coaches provide remote instructional coaching for preservice teachers as they practice discrete skills in 5-minute simulated scenarios. Instructional coaches will be trained on standardized coaching protocols across three different mixed-reality simulation scenarios for preservice teachers. During a simulation session, the instructional coach will observe the preservice teacher complete a simulation scenario, then provide coaching on a best practice skill before the preservice teacher repeats the simulation. Through this instructional coaching process, preservice teachers develop stronger instructional skills that translate to their teaching experiences.
- Provide remote one-on-one coaching sessions based on established coaching protocols for preservice teacher candidates across study sites (i.e., UVA, UT-RGV, SMU)
- Gather data using TeachSIM surveys and assist team in using this information to improve quality.
- Implement coaching sessions that support a focus on improving pedagogical practices in simulated teaching environments, in a manner that is inclusive, equitable, and multicultural.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal working teams.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- K-6 teaching experience
- Ability to commit 10-20 hours per week with occasional evening and weekend availability
- Flexibility to work both independently and cooperatively within a team
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient with Zoom platform
- Ability to work in a remote environment
Position Compensation: $25.00 - $30.00 Hourly, based on qualifications
This is a wage position which is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 1500 hours of work in a year. For more information, refer to the Wage Employment link: http://uvapolicy.virginia.edu/policy/HRM-029.
To apply, please submit an application online through Workday at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and attach a current CV/Resume, Cover Letter and the Contact information for 3 references. Search on requisition number: R0024289.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require an Education Verification. (FSAKA)
Questions related to the application process may be directed to Brandi Shifflett, HR Specialist at (434) 243-4095 or email@example.com.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: 5 years
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.