Academic Coordinator, School of Education & Human Development
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-06
The School of Education and Human Development’s Office of Admissions and Student Affairs is seeking an Academic Coordinator. This position will work in conjunction with the staff and faculty to support efforts related to enrollment, registration, pre-advising, and admissions. This includes coordinating with degree programs and majors to specify curriculum requirements, managing the Academic Record, pre-advising prospective and new undergraduate students, assisting with orientation and providing support for Registrar duties. The role will also manage the transfer credit process and will facilitate study abroad applications for pre-approval. Successful candidates will be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with team members and personnel throughout UVA and at the School of Education and Human Development. Candidate must be detailed oriented and have experience with data processing and entry. Preferred experience working with student information systems and databases. The Academic Coordinator will need to possess good organizational skills, communication skills, and be able to work well in a fast paced and high-energy environment with faculty, students, and staff.
Academic Requirements (40%)
- Coordinate with degree programs/majors to specify requirements
- Acquire and maintain understanding of present degree requirements, policies, and processes relating to academic programs
- Manage official Academic Record (Undergrad and Graduate)
- Manage the Undergraduate Committee including agendas, meeting notes and scheduling meetings
- Understand and help to manage Athletic-Academic compliance with courses and enrollment requirements
- Liaison between the College new general education requirements and EHD
Student Records (40%)
- Manage undergraduate and Graduate transfer credits
- Student records maintenance
- Facilitate Study Abroad applications for pre-approval
- Provide back-up capability for Registrar functions (e.g., add/drops, exceptions to requirements, inputting advisors, processing non-degree application forms, course scheduling) (e.g., general information, reception)
- Access and interface data systems for special projects
Student academic support (20%)
- Pre-advising prospective and new undergraduate students regarding requirements and pre-requisites
- Support Director of Student Affairs for academic information events including presentations and information sessions
- Support summer orientation for undergraduates related to academic requirements (e.g., pre-advising, transfer credits, pre-requisites) and scheduling appointment times for registration
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- At least two years of experience is required.
- Experience working with students in advising and/or admissions capacity is preferred.
- Experience working with student information systems and databases is preferred.
- Physical Demands: This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
Anticipated Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000 annually (commensurate with qualifications and experience) with UVA benefits.
Please apply through Workday, and search for “Academic Coordinator". Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and a CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile. For questions about the application process please contact Bethany Case, Recruiter. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.