Sustainability - Campus Internship
Sustainability - Campus InternshipDepartment:
Academic AffairsFull Time / Part Time? :
Part TimeSalary Range - Minimum:
$11.00 per hourHours per week:
Up to 20Temporary? :
05/15/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
To apply to an On-Campus Internship:
1. Completion of SET 100, BIO 146, or other sustainability focused course preferred.
2. Click on “Apply for this Job”
3. Log In or Create Account if you do not currently have one
4. Complete the OCI application:
https://www.jjc.edu/sites/default/files/career_services/JJC-OCI.pdf, which needs to be uploaded with your resume and cover letter.
5. Once you have completed the application and uploaded required documents click “Confirm”
6. You will receive application status confirmation on the screen
*Faculty chair signature required, if pursuing course creditLink to Career Services website:
Position Title: On-Campus Intern – Sustainability
Department: Sustainability (under the Dean of CTE)
Reports to: Maria Anna Rafac
The Sustainability Intern will provide support within the Sustainability department.
Essential Job Duties and Key Responsibilities:
1.Work with and engage students, faculty, staff, administration, and the community to promote sustainable practices.
2. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
3.Coordinate and assist Sustainability Coordinator with marketing, recruiting events, and promotional activities and events.
4.Perform and assist with other miscellaneous projects to advance sustainability on campus and in the community.
5.Promote and implement sustainable practices at Joliet Junior College.
6.Help create a presence for Sustainability on campus and materials to promote awareness.
7.Ensure communication and marketing of sustainability initiatives.
8.Represent the College as a sustainability professional in the community.
9.Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Must be enrolled into at least 6 credit hours at Joliet Junior College
2. 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher
3. Good standing with the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
4. Must have completed one major course, prior to applying for internship
5. Must be referred to the On-campus Internship by a JJC staff or Faculty member
1.Proficient in current word processing, publishing, video, wed design software.
2.Understanding of marketing, communication, and engagement.
3.Understanding of sustainability and related terminology, methods and procedures.
4.Good communication and organizational skills and ability to work independently.
Normal office physical demands.
Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment.
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”