Research Technician I
Cellular & Molecular MedicineDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
1501 N. Campbell Ave., Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Gregorio Lab of the Department of Cellular & Molecular Medicine invites highly motivated, science-minded individuals to apply for the temporary position of Research Technician. Incumbent will be trained in and perform techniques associated with genotyping, cloning, immunofluorescence microscopy and a variety of other research activities. This position begins in mid-to-late May, 2021 and ends mid to late August.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs scientific data collection and analysis involving routine procedures characterized by moderate use of independent judgement.
- Ensures shared consumables and reagents are stocked.
- Writes up summaries of work, documenting location, findings and procedures used and assists in writing reports by conducting literature searches and background research; prepares bibliographies as required.
- Operates laboratory and experimental equipment such as microtomes, microscopes, spectrophotometers, centrifuges, analytical balances, and spectrometers.
- Maintains sterile cell culture practices, changes media on cells (could occur on weekends and after hours), makes media at accurate component concentrations, aliquots reagents.
- Supports other students, research staff, and lab members in their research projects.
- Maintains accurate records.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience.
- Prior work experience not required.
*Experience with general laboratory procedures.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
1Career Stream and Level:
Research & LabJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
8/31/2021Contact Information for Candidates:
Sasha Verdugo | [email protected]Open Date:
5/6/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.