The Honors CollegeDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Honors College is seeking candidates for an Administrative Associate. This position requires attention to detail, the ability to complete and prioritize a variety of duties and multiple responsibilities, and work effectively within the team, College, and centrally administered units in the University. This position will provide a variety of support to the Honors Business Office and will be responsible for entering financial transactions in the UAccess system, maintaining accurate accounting and records, reconciling financial transactions, preparing monthly reports, processing scholarship awards, and stipends, scanning, copying, and filing documents.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process scholarship awards and stipends, initiate transfer of funds, and prepare reports.
- Prepares lists of eligible students according to budget for Honors fee financial aid and other scholarships. Enters financial award by manual entry or file uploads the list to generate scholarship/stipend disbursements.
- Reconciles and troubleshoots awards and stipends that have not disbursed. Logs College stipends from multiple sources. Coordinates with Honors personnel to ensure that all Honors College follow-on requirements have been met prior to requesting stipend approvals. This includes verification of student award qualifications and sufficient account balances. Creates lists of scholarship recipients as requested and notifies students of the awards as appropriate.
- Initiates the transfers of funds, from the UA or Foundation to the appropriate UA scholarship account in order to fund the award or stipend.
- Reconciles P-Card transactions, tracks documentation, inquires for missing documentations, follows up on pending items and prepares error corrections, and submits the appropriate statements and documentation for UA, PCard and FSO Compliance.
- Prepare financial documents and complete tasks as needed, including travel authorizations and expense reports, purchases, P-Card transactions, disbursement vouchers, reimbursements, interdepartmental billings, and cash receipts and deposits.
- Assist with preparing recurring financial reports on both UA and UAFoundation accounts.
- Assist with travel coordination for the College ensuring Honors and University guidelines and procedures are followed. Serve as a resource by advising faculty and staff and answering questions.
- Assist with payroll related transactions (payroll time coordinator, MSS account distributions, payment request, OPS, Supp Comp, etc.)
- Assist with compensation, leaves, and student hires, and other matters.
- Assist with on-boarding processes and separations.
- Maintain and distribute Honors faculty and staff and student directory, phone list, and emergency contacts.
- Maintain the Business Office website.
- Serve as the Honors College Wellness Ambassador. Encourage and inform Honors staff and faculty of the programs offered through UA Life and Work Connections to create a healthy work environment within Honors both physically and mentally.
- Assist with Honors College events, such as commencement, convocation, NSVP/VIP cash handling, and other special events.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, and trainings and conferences to area of responsibility.
- Performs general office work such as scanning and making paper copies, faxing materials, filing, ensuring office files are current and organized, and delivering business documents on campus.
- May provide front office coverage and direct college visitors to the appropriate staff. May open and close the office. May maintain office supplies, place orders and restock as needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge with payroll guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge with University of Arizona systems including UAccess Employee, Student, Financials, Analytics, and other University software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Office Suite such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with internet browsers and cloud-based software such as Google Docs and Box.
- Strong organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and responsibilities, respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities, ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks, utilizing appropriate resources to problem solve and excel in all areas.
- Ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines with accuracy, quality, and attention to detail. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals and entities; ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team player.
- Ability in the operation and maintenance of standard office equipment including a computer, fax machine, scanner, copier, printer and other office-related equipment.
- Ability and willingness to travel on University business to various offices and departments across campus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or field pertinent to work unit AND one year of administrative/coordinative program experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience,training and/or education
- Experience in a university setting, particularly in an academic support unit.
- Experience with standard office and University of Arizona guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
5Career Stream and Level:
FinanceType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/24/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
5/6/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.